• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Gullability

Keith

I've been known to be unusually gullible from time to time.

Recent example:

I was watching a review of a children's horror series. The reviewer, for comedic effect, inserted censor bleeps and blurs in his various footage shots. In one scene he shows, a Checker taxi is headed straight for a tree at high speed. He then cuts to a white sixties convertible flipping off a cliff and exploding. I actually asked whether there were really things to censor and if the car actually exploded.

There is a story about the great 13th century philosopher St Thomas Aquinas (who I think might have been an Aspie) that someone said "Look at the flying ox!" and Thomas went over to the window to see it.

What does that mean?
My first inclination was a reference to "the cow jumped over the moon". However, a quick wikipedia browse uncovered that this nursery rhyme wasn't written until the 16th century so this hypothesis wouldn't work. I guess they just said a lot of weird things back then.:)

New Threads

Top Bottom