• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Grey Areas

Just as long as they were explained to me and pointed out, I never had a problem with them.

If I was taught it was wrong to hit, I would have to be told it is okay to hit someone if you are defending yourself and they are attacking you. It's okay to cuss if you are in pain and you stubbed your toe or stepped on a nail or hit your finger with a hammer by mistake and other pain.

And I understand sometimes there are exceptions and I also understand now that sometimes rules are made as guidelines and they are only enforced if it becomes a problem. A school may have a policy but it is up for the teacher to enforce that rule like "no headphones and game systems in class." But what I would have a problem with is if the teacher only enforced this rule on certain students but not on all students. They would have had a problem with me in school if they did this to me in high school. Unless the teacher had a policy like "you can only have Game Boys and headphones if you don't have any school work" then that is different. I can accept that gray area and I don't see double standards as a gray area.

I tend to have black and white thinking all day long. A grey area for me is agreeing to disagree with someone because I don't want to argue.

Ed
Agreeing to disagree is a really great thing. A great skill in a way. Some people CAN NOT do it which is tiring and leads to a lot of disharmony.

New Threads

Top Bottom