• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greetings!

Socoolgirl94

Hello! Thanks to one of my favorite websites, TV Tropes, I found this page, and being an Aspie for as long as I can remember, I figured I'd check it out!

At present I'm a Physics major in college (though my major might change), and while I was scared of college and living on my own (and with a roommate) I'm finding I'm flourishing. I've made a lot of friends in my dorm community and in activities, I have a job at my dorm's dining hall (where I have a good reputation, too, despite some of my quirks)...and I got straight A's last semester (somehow!), hoping I can keep that trend going.

As far as hobbies go, they're mostly creative, involve deep thinking, or being imaginative. I love reading, writing poetry and fiction, and drawing, mostly in the Fantasy genre and in a manga/anime style (though by no means the only).If you want to see, here's the link to my deviantART page: Socoolgirl94 (Zorial Diamond) on deviantART
I also enjoy video games; I have a 3DS and I've been playing the MMORPG Runescape for a number of years. I also see myself as a woman of faith and as someone who's spiritual; I enjoy going to church and reading (and sometimes annotating) the Bible as well as updating a prayer journal on a regular basis. I also have the tendency to wax philosophical at times, just to give you fair warning ^^;

I got diagnosed when I was young (thank goodness). Because of that I had a lot of help in school (though there were definitely some issues with bullying and otherwise, the adults understood but the kids didn't). Thanks to that I got help for it from a young age, and I think I'm a lot better off. Nowadays I see it more as a personality asset that makes me unique rather than a disability, and I make a note of bringing it up wherever possible, usually in school projects, to spread awareness. As Sherlock Holmes might say (who is basically a textbook example of an Aspie in fiction) I can't stand being ordinary. =P

That was kind of long...but then again every time I attempt to describe myself I inevitably miss something(perhaps you can relate!). In any case, let's talk! I can't wait to meet other people who are likeminded. ^^

If I don't drown you in a wall of text first, that is. ^^;

Welcome!

If I wasn't doing engineering now, I would've chosen physics or psychology. I also love deep thinking, philosophy, and RPG's that involve deep thinking.

A good friend of mine tried to convince me to play Runescape, which he plays for more than half decade, but I didn't like it, so we went play WoW.

Good thing you're flourishing in college. For me, I wouldn't say flourishing, but growing as a person, learning each day, specially learning through failures. The first 3 years were tough, but now, things are improving.

So yea, welcome! :cool:

Last edited:
Hi again Socoolgirl you will find a lot in common with the other members.
A lot of us missed out on support early on.

Welcome to AC Socoolgirl. Sounds like you have a lot going for you!

New Threads

Top Bottom