• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greetings from Russia!

Scaramouche

Hello everyone and let me to write a few words about myself.

I'm self-diagnosed aspie from Russian Federation. I firstly met the AS several years ago when I was in a virtual relationships with an aspie woman. I passed the Aspie Quiz and took about 140+ of aspie score. I forgot about AS for a 3 years and remembered about it in the connection with the my phenomena of the "invisible man" (I never been appreciated in any community regardless of people type). Then I passed several screning tests and took the high values in all of them. Current aspie score is 152, RAADS-R - 167, BAPQ - 5.11, TAS - 178, AQ - 39 and EQ - 13. I never had an psychotic symptoms (such as hallucinations or strange perception experience) so I excluded shizophrenia and similar diagnoses.

I was diagnosed as ADHD in early childhood and always considered to be weird in comparison to my fellows. I'm totally obsessed with special interests since 6 years old and have multiple obsessive movements (so I also diagnosed as having OCD by psychiatrist). Also I compare myself with a "wrongly assembled computer" - with a huge data storage but slow CPU, small amount of RAM and unusual communication protocols. I always communicate via set of "patterns" (or "static algorithms") but not the intuitive way. I consider surrounting people strange and unpredictable and can't communicate with them properly so I'm still alone. Big problems with the interindividual relationships (both with the friendship and relationship building) presents since childhood.

When I firsly found the russian autistic community I understood that I found some interesting and understanding people and this is the most comfortable community for me. I also would be glad to communicate with foreign aspies so I'm here.

P.S. as English is not my native language I'm sorry if it's not so good for proper understanding.

Welcome to the forum, Scaramouche! We come from all over the world so I hope you feel at home here with us. Thanks for providing so much information about yourself! This is a very open & accepting forum so feel free to jump right in & participate fully. I'd love to learn more about what life is like for Aspies & Auties in Russia today. Your English is great & many people here have some other language as their mother-tongue.

Welcome to AC! it's a great community here we have people from many many places. So jump right in. The water is warm.:)

Greetings Russian Friend!

Excellent computer description. I'm into computers too, as they are predictable. English is not my first language either, I'm from Puerto Rico, currently living in Florida US. When I'm online playing games, I consider myself a loyal citizen of the Gallente Federation. But that's another story. :)

Welcome o/

New Threads

Top Bottom