• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Gotta love that unfiltered honesty

Lactobuzzillus

Skipped Elf Practice
While I was assisting at a pediatric dental clinic today, I polished an autistic kid’s teeth. At one point he asked me, “how are you not done yet?”

I was pretty anxious at the time. In hindsight, it makes me laugh, though.

Out of the mouths of babes.:D
2amdb9.jpg

While I was assisting at a pediatric dental clinic today, I polished an autistic kid’s teeth. At one point he asked me, “how are you not done yet?”

I was pretty anxious at the time. In hindsight, it makes me laugh, though.
This made me laugh, it's a totally valid question, and as the title says unfiltered honesty :)

I would accept "because I'd need a street sweeper to do this any faster you dirty little monster, now brush your teeth more often, if you want it done faster - I don't care how much you find it uncomfortable."
Would have been good for me.

My toddler daughter looked up at her dad, in a very crowded checkout line and shouted -dad, you have hair growing out of your nose! She told me my derriere was huge at about age 3. Lol

My toddler daughter looked up at her dad, in a very crowded checkout line and shouted -dad, you have hair growing out of your nose! She told me my derriere was huge at about age 3. Lol
I think all children can yell out inappropriate things like that at that age. When my (definitely NT) cousin was 3 he pointed to his father's nose and shouted out "Daddy there's a booger up your nose!" in a quiet but full waiting-room. :tearsofjoy:

And I won't say what another toddler I used to know (grown-up now, definitely NT) said loudly in a small store when he was 2, as it is kinda on the racist side.

I'm sure If I had said that at the dentist, my mother would have been chewing me out the entire way home.
Of course, kids say stupid, humiliating things and it's normal. If you say it the age of 15, you're told for the next 20 minutes you should know better.

I remember when I was like 19 a lady at an office place I was waiting at for an appointment asked me what my name was. Usually people don't hear my stupid name the first time, so I told her my name then spelled it out even though she didn't ask me to spell it out or anything. When she wrote my name down and went off, my mother was mad at me and told me that was so rude of me.

New Threads

Top Bottom