• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Got formal diagnosis yesterday

Gift2humanity

V.I.P Member
Hello
Got formal diagnosis yesterday.
Got to have video post diagnostic interview.
Should get letter in post, assessor kindly emailed it to me.
Just thought I would let you know.

That’s great!
How do you feel about this?
I knew I had it, it's nice to be confirmed.
We don't get much help though.
My meltdowns worry me as they are getting worse.
MH team are limited as to what they can do.
I previously would remove source of stress but I am unable to in this instance.

The first thing the doctor said to me after i requested an assessment was that it didn’t open quite as many doors as you’d think..
I’m glad it’s been confirmed for you :) I hope you can find the help you’re wanting at this moment.

The first thing the doctor said to me after i requested an assessment was that it didn’t open quite as many doors as you’d think..
I’m glad it’s been confirmed for you :) I hope you can find the help you’re wanting at this moment.
Sorry doctor said doors would not open for you.
Did you find that these doors did?

Sorry doctor said doors would not open for you.
Did you find that these doors did?
I’m currently waiting for assessment, I’ll be waiting for about a year apparently.
Even though i don’t have my formal diagnosis, doors have opened just realising i may be on the spectrum!

I’m currently waiting for assessment, I’ll be waiting for about a year apparently.
Even though i don’t have my formal diagnosis, doors have opened just realising i may be on the spectrum!
Oh dear a year :( ?
Glad doors have already opened though.

It's good that you have the validation of knowing now as this was what you felt sure was true for you. Yes there's not a lot of help for ASD1 adults. But this may help you work with your CPN on strategies that work for you. Hope this will help you.

I can imagine you feel vindicated right now eh? I felt that way, when I got my formal diagnosis, but unlike you, I did not get a formal letter to confirm, but my husband says that I should ask my psychiatrist for one, so we shall see, when this pandamic is over.

The expert said to me that he can imagine how relieved I feel and wished me all the best.

I am sure it is down in my medical files, because I am medically insured for 10 years, whereas my husband is for just one year, so there are certainly benefits to being acknowledged.

It's good that you have the validation of knowing now as this was what you felt sure was true for you. Yes there's not a lot of help for ASD1 adults. But this may help you work with your CPN on strategies that work for you. Hope this will help you.
Hi
I think my CPN is nice and is probably very good with generalised anxiety disorder and other NT mental illness problems, but my meltdowns are something else, they are dangerous.
I deal with some by getting rid of the source of the stress as stress is the trigger, but I have one big problem I cannot solve and other parties are either unwilling or unable to solve it, and the meltdowns related to this problems are quite frankly, dangerous.
No one seems to know what to do in the professional world and I am worried I am at risk of danger.

I can imagine you feel vindicated right now eh? I felt that way, when I got my formal diagnosis, but unlike you, I did not get a formal letter to confirm, but my husband says that I should ask my psychiatrist for one, so we shall see, when this pandamic is over.

The expert said to me that he can imagine how relieved I feel and wished me all the best.

I am sure it is down in my medical files, because I am medically insured for 10 years, whereas my husband is for just one year, so there are certainly benefits to being acknowledged.
You could get them to email you one. My GP surgery emailed me the failed autism test letter.
Maybe it varies from country to country, in the UK there doesn't seem to be help.
In 2023 they are making the welfare benefit system easier for us but that is over 2 years away.

Perhaps if I were still in school "doors" might open for me with a diagnosis. As an adult, unless it is bad enough to count as a disability it opens nothing and will close doors if one reveals it.

I have one big problem I cannot solve and other parties are either unwilling or unable to solve it, and the meltdowns related to this problems are quite frankly, dangerous.
No one seems to know what to do in the professional world and I am worried I am at risk of danger.
Do you feel safe revealing that problem here?
Odds are that there are others here who have had some success in dealing with the same problem.

I'm glad you got a formal diagnosis, that's one major hurdle out of the way! Now, to focus on the others...

I'm still waiting, too, and who knows how long it will be? In the US, we have programs that assist those with disabilities in finding employment, including necessary training. You need a diagnosis first, though—perhaps there are similar programs in the UK, and perhaps a door is opened now?

Whatever the situation, solidarity.

In the US, we have programs that assist those with disabilities in finding employment, including necessary training.
IMX,
they understand physical disabilities,
they understand cognitive disabilities;
they are totally clueless if all you have is a social disability (which is neither)... :mad:

YMMV.

One of the reasons mine happen is panic and the hormone oestrogen can also trigger panic, scientists dont know how to balance menopausal women ,its a vicious circle ,vit E helps ,a largely veg nut and fruit and grain diet helps! as its very slow release sugar and a lot of potassium ,the most potassium is found in deep fried potatoes but! you need to have low cholesterol to have a lot of that not be obese at all ,have no liver problems ,vit b complex ,also thyroxine in iodine found in kelp ,problem with flesh is its mainly factory farmed and is toxic or has a lot of mercury !,drugs are tested on herbivores or obligate carnivores humans are neither ,if organoids are produced faster a drug might be useful.mindfulness is powerful but it has to become a habit

New Threads

Top Bottom