• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Got formal diagnosis yesterday

IMX,
they understand physical disabilities,
they understand cognitive disabilities;
they are totally clueless if all you have is a social disability (which is neither)... :mad:

YMMV.

You make a very important point and one that I am only just scratching the surface of. We will see how my mileage fares. I do hope for the best experience for all of us, though.

Perhaps if I were still in school "doors" might open for me with a diagnosis. As an adult, unless it is bad enough to count as a disability it opens nothing and will close doors if one reveals it.
:( anyone slamming a door in you for asperger's just throw the discrimination book at 'em that'll shut 'em up.

New Threads

Top Bottom