• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good news people

Good for you! But if you get tempted to fall off the wagon so to speak, remember my good childhood friend Rob. Rob liked running around with an arrow in his mouth. One day he tripped and fell on the arrow and the tip went right thru his cheek. Imagine his parents surprise.
I'm guessing this was before cheek piercing was all the rage?

I lick any knife I use at my plate. Even the sharp ones. If you know what you're doing. It's relatively safe. Just remember to stroke the cutting edge of the blade away from your tongue, not towards it. As long as you obey that rule. You'll never get cut.

Occasionally, but only with a mildly serrated dinner knife. Beyond that I've never been the least bit tempted to run my tongue over a ceramic knife.

Though I did have to learn a powerful lesson in not telling jokes and cutting oranges at the same time. :oops:

How did we end up on the topic of licking knives? How is this suppose to "good news", like the title says. I'm still scratching my head on this one. I mean seriously, how did such an off on a tangent subject get started in the first place?

Maybe we should start a topic about the band KISS and talk about how they were licking their guitars on stage.

Last edited:
Cutting edge idea there, trying to keep your tongue sharp with a knife. That's not what people mean when they mention a "sharp tongue". Do you want to end up like this?

156ef3eab6ff2d60e705b6fde615817028ffe1ce.jpg

Yeah, didn't think so. Go lick batteries or something.

I m not sure if I lick knives, I may do. I definitely use a spoon a lot to avoid too much running down my front. A bib might be called for. However I don't recall sustaining any cutlery injuries.

I knock into furniture a lot, seems I don't know where my edges are. Also I broke my phone screen twice so far this year, but once it was the cat's fault. Sort of. I do avoid or minimise use of sharp tools, ever since my first and last go at lino cut, aged about 8 or 9. It didn't go well.

How is this suppose to "good news", like the title says. I'm still scratching my head on this one. I mean seriously, how did such an off on a tangent subject get started in the first place?

Should I answer that? :)

Most things I do are off on a tangent. Can't help it.

The good news is simply that I have stopped.

Just like I have also stopped resting cups of tea on the edges of the table. So they hang over a little but don't fall off.

It's one step away from wearing a wingsuit and jumping off something.

You should definitely try 'edging' your cups.

The adrenaline rush..

I lick any knife I use at my plate. Even the sharp ones. If you know what you're doing. It's relatively safe. Just remember to stroke the cutting edge of the blade away from your tongue, not towards it. As long as you obey that rule. You'll never get cut.

You beat me to it. I also feel knives other things to see how sharp they are. Same thing, do it smartly.

Same thing, do it smartly.

I thought that was anathema round here :)

The number of times I've tried to cut something using the wrong side of the knife.... ie the blunt end.
Why isn't this cutting?

May as well have used a spoon - as many seem to do.

When there are a thousand possibilities there is a chance I will end up with a cut or a bruise.

When the possibilities are narrowed down to two sides of a knife .. the chance is a certainty.

tis a miracle, I prithee, that I have not cut myself in this way and tis muchly good that stopped did I.

Good news indeed.

I don't lick any eating utensils.
But, I am clumsy with most anything.
I knew when I saw a thread started by Fridgemagnetman called "Good news people," I was in for a treat.

I wasn't disappointed.
:)

@Fridgemagnetman With a name like that what else could you expect from a refridgerator?
It was probably reaching out and scratched you!

Cutting edge idea there, trying to keep your tongue sharp with a knife. That's not what people mean when they mention a "sharp tongue". Do you want to end up like this?

156ef3eab6ff2d60e705b6fde615817028ffe1ce.jpg

Yeah, didn't think so. Go lick batteries or something.
Lol you can also lick two pussies at the same time with this. You know, two shaved cats.

Here is some extreme knife licking :)

SwordSwallower.jpg

I wonder if sword swallowers train with knives first?

I'm all for licking the peanut butter off my knife, but I'd draw the line at sword swallowing :)

When I arrived at my new station in Iceland, in advance of my family, my sponsor, a guy I was going to work with, invited me over for dinner. He turned out to be the greatest guy and co-worker but uber ADHD and his young boys were too. Anyway, during an increasingly manic dinner one boy got angry at another and managed to just stab/graze his eye with a butter knife and we spent the rest of the evening at the emergency room. ;)

Yikes! Lovely children.

That reminds me of when my husband came home from work one night at the hospital emergency department and told me that he had surgically removed a dinner fork protruding from a woman's eye. Her husband and she had gotten into an argument over the last pork chop so he forked her in the eye. :eek:

New Threads

Top Bottom