• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good news people

Fridgemagnetman

I only have one
V.I.P Member
I've stopped licking knives.

Considering I am so clumsy and trip over standing still,each day can be filled with bruises from I know not where...

I had a 2 inch scratch yesterday from walking past the fridge.

There isn't even anything sharp on the fridge. A standard handle.

So, I have decided my 40 year habit will end.

My knives will remain unlicked.

Anybody else a knife licker?

I'm not a knife licker but I do tend to eat 90% of my meals with a spoon, I just make less mess that way.

Yesterday I was wearing heavy work gloves and trimming a rose bush, somehow a big thorn from the Samuel de Champlain found a place in a glove and ripped a long, painful rent in my thumb. Did consider for a moment going down to old town and kicking his bronze statue though. I likely would have hurt my foot in the process.

This morning I knocked over a half-filled can of coconut milk inside the refrigerator, it plastered itself all over the grapes, and leaked into the vegetable bin.
I had to wash the grapes with soap and all the vegetables and then rinse them over and over to remove the coconut fat and soap.

Just another day.

Last edited:
Yesterday I was wearing heavy work gloves and trimming a rose bush, somehow a big thorn from the Samuel de Champlain found a place in the gloves and ripped a long, painful rent in my thumb. I did consider for a moment going down to old town and kicking his statue though. I likely would have hurt my foot in the process.

This morning I knocked over a half-filled can of coconut milk inside the refrigerator, it plastered itself all over the grapes, and leaked into the vegetable bin.
I had to wash the grapes with soap and all the vegetables and then rinse them over and over to remove the coconut fat and soap.

Just another day.

Yes, another day.

As I say to my wife ' That's just the way things are around here.'

The only thing I'll lick off a knife is the Nutella on the sides of the butter knife, never of the actual blade part mind, even though it's kinda hard to cut oneself with such a knife unless you're incredible unlucky and accident prone

Good for you! But if you get tempted to fall off the wagon so to speak, remember my good childhood friend Rob. Rob liked running around with an arrow in his mouth. One day he tripped and fell on the arrow and the tip went right thru his cheek. Imagine his parents surprise.

Good for you! But if you get tempted to fall off the wagon so to speak, remember my good childhood friend Rob. Rob liked running around with an arrow in his mouth. One day he tripped and fell on the arrow and the tip went right thru his cheek. Imagine his parents surprise.

Kids are so dumb, you literally can't take your eyes off them for a minute..

I'm not a knife licker but I do tend to eat 90% of my meals with a spoon, I just make less mess that way.
I used to do this all the time as well for just about everything! More food in my mouth using a spoon the better. Even my granny liked the idea and adopted for a while. Those were the days I lacked self respect, though and let myself go a bit. Now I’m back to using a knife and fork.

I used to do this all the time as well for just about everything! More food in my mouth using a spoon the better. Even my granny liked the idea and adopted for a while. Those were the days I lacked self respect, though and let myself go a bit. Now I’m back to using a knife and fork.

Self respect is a concept sadly completely lost an me.

I only lick dull knives. But knowing my clumsiness, I’d find a way to hurt myself on those too.

When I arrived at my new station in Iceland, in advance of my family, my sponsor, a guy I was going to work with, invited me over for dinner. He turned out to be the greatest guy and co-worker but uber ADHD and his young boys were too. Anyway, during an increasingly manic dinner one boy got angry at another and managed to just stab/graze his eye with a butter knife and we spent the rest of the evening at the emergency room. ;)

I've stopped licking knives.

Considering I am so clumsy and trip over standing still,each day can be filled with bruises from I know not where...

I had a 2 inch scratch yesterday from walking past the fridge.

There isn't even anything sharp on the fridge. A standard handle.

So, I have decided my 40 year habit will end.

My knives will remain unlicked.

Anybody else a knife licker?

I don't lick knives but I am a short bus window licker. :p

When I was young I was banned from sharp knives and didn't have to wash dishes after I was washing the blade edge of a sharp knife. How was I to know better?

New Threads

Top Bottom