• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good news people

Still lick sharp knives, only time I've cut any part of my mouth was on a piece of hard candy - something I don't consume anymore - would rather have something salty/savory.
I get lots of scratches/cuts at work though working with aluminium and acrylic - most of the time I don't feel it happen - not deep enough to bleed most of time though my fore arms look like I rough play with violent kitties.

Jolly good :)

That brain will be left wanting.

Many ideas of what you might replace knife licking with?

I was mostly as a response to 'waste not,want not' when slicing soft cheese.

It sticks to the knife. Now I use my finger....

nothing could go wrong with that...

I was mostly as a response to 'waste not,want not' when slicing soft cheese.

It sticks to the knife. Now I use my finger....

Fingers are by far the best tool when it comes to reaching down inside a jar of peanut butter or Nutella and getting ito the edges where the knife can't reach. It also almost guarantees that you will then get that jar to yourself :)

... Now I use my finger....

:)
Off the top of my head I can think of five.
(things that could go wrong)

Would it be too much of a chore to slide the length of the flat of the blade perpendicular to the edge of the cheese board/cutting board?

Depositing excess soft cheese onto risk free, lickable surface?

:)
Off the top of my head I can think of five.
(things that could go wrong)

Would it be too much of a chore to slide the length of the flat of the blade perpendicular to the edge of the cheese board/cutting board?

Depositing excess soft cheese onto risk free, lickable surface?

and what do you propose to replace my adrenaline rush?

Fingers are by far the best tool when it comes to reaching down inside a jar of peanut butter or Nutella and getting ito the edges where the knife can't reach. It also almost guarantees that you will then get that jar to yourself :)
Tricksy!

New Threads

Top Bottom