• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good compromise on sunglass tints for indoor use

kriss72

they/them/their
V.I.P Member
I like to wear sunglasses when going to shops, the hospital, etc, places that are usually brightly lit - What do you feel is a good compromise between their ability to block light and the ability to still see clearly in the not so bright indoor areas? They are prescription glasses so I have a different issue if I just remove them in the not brightly lit areas (my current sunglasses block 85% of light, they are fine outdoors, but i find they are a bit too dark in general for indoor use - fwiw I always wear a hat that blocks direct overhead light)

Polarised glasses are what you need, you can even get them with no tint at all. They'll save you from so many headaches.

Colours make a lot of difference to me as well, I can't wear anything that has a slight yellowish tint to it so I always go for a neutral grey, or if I can't find that something tending towards blue.

If I want tints for all around wear, lavender.
I don't notice the difference from outdoors to indoors and many people have
complimented me on the color. Light as you want, dark as you want.

My favorite everyday go to glasses are Transitions.
Sunglasses outside to almost clear indoors. Changing with the amount of brightness.
They come in many shades now, so have your pick of which one you like.
Yes, there is even amethyst. Plus, every color you can think of.

Thank you for all your answers, so I talked to the shop where I get my normal glasses made and discussed your input and their recomendation and this was the result:
20231122_143722.jpg
been using them for about a week now, definitely better than clear ones when indoor and communicating with others and since they are more clear at the bottom, I can still read and use my phone :)

New Threads

Top Bottom