• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

God: The biggest autist?

Levitator

Ok, so contemplate who God is. God has no body outside of himself, because there's nothing outside God. Everything exists inside him, so that's us, right? Now, contemplate that he's constantly yelling warnings at people and telling them how to be decent and not make a mess of things, and nobody can hear him or understand him, until he gets all moody, and starts wrecking the world in the Old Testament. Then, he goes on an expedition inward into himself in the form of Jesus Christ. Let's think of how introverted that is; that you had to create a person to go minister to the other people inside you. Then Jesus arrives in the world in a human body, and hardly anyone can understand him either, except for his disciples, who sometimes understand him. But even though he's trying to help people and reason with them, they decide they can't stand him because they don't like his "style", and he talks too much, so they nail him to a cross and kill him slowly.

So, basically, I was kind of psychoanalyzing God and thinking that the New Testament is actually a cry for help (from God), and even though he's omnipotent, he's also lonely because he can't have any peers, since their power would clash. He's never going to come out and tell you upfront that he would like sympathy and compassion towards himself, but it's very obviously implied by the crucifixion. Ok, so, if you're a major autist, you're in a unique position to show compassion to God and be intimate with Him.

Discuss.

Or God is bipolar and gets angry alot, and changes things up constantly.

Or God is bipolar and gets angry alot, and changes things up constantly.
The perspective you get on God depends on who you are, and then whether you see right. Jesus tried to show people that man is a crucifier or scapegoater, but then the lesson a lot of people took from that is that God is into pain, and so they develop customs of scourging themselves and remembering Jesus as dead and not alive. They missed the message, and got the wrong perspective.

Well the whole message is self flagelation, whether physically, or mentally or spiritually. The church really pushes that doctrine to keep those in line. Something l do not agree with. But l am exiting this post as l don't believe much in the doctrine of control in any arena.

Ok, so contemplate who God is. God has no body outside of himself, because there's nothing outside God. Everything exists inside him, so that's us, right? Now, contemplate that he's constantly yelling warnings at people and telling them how to be decent and not make a mess of things, and nobody can hear him or understand him, until he gets all moody, and starts wrecking the world in the Old Testament. Then, he goes on an expedition inward into himself in the form of Jesus Christ. Let's think of how introverted that is; that you had to create a person to go minister to the other people inside you. Then Jesus arrives in the world in a human body, and hardly anyone can understand him either, except for his disciples, who sometimes understand him. But even though he's trying to help people and reason with them, they decide they can't stand him because they don't like his "style", and he talks too much, so they nail him to a cross and kill him slowly.

So, basically, I was kind of psychoanalyzing God and thinking that the New Testament is actually a cry for help (from God), and even though he's omnipotent, he's also lonely because he can't have any peers, since their power would clash. He's never going to come out and tell you upfront that he would like sympathy and compassion towards himself, but it's very obviously implied by the crucifixion. Ok, so, if you're a major autist, you're in a unique position to show compassion to God and be intimate with Him.

Discuss.
Simple.. God should be nice
But he has to be tough probably too
No one can tell Him what to be
He does what He thinks is best whether you like it or not.
But we are human
But also he should understand your pain and feelings and who you are as a person better than you understand yourself.
He should understand your heart and why you so things the way you do and feel the way you do
Everyone gets mad..humans are annoying
No one should live in fear each day but people around the world do and it is exhausting
Think of how lucky you are each day that even with problems you feel relatively safe and can feel like well hopefully for most richer countries you can get medical care that is helpful.
People in western world feel safe there are people that live out there is some countries in captivity or afraid to have a voice or fear for their life every day that they will be murdered or blown up.
It is exhausting living in fear and wears you down, sometimes I think it is best to die.
God and jesus are not the same. Jesus Christ was still human. God is omnipotent. Humans are still fallible even Jesus, he could never be everything to everyone and probably had his own struggles.
Only God can be and love us unconditionally.
Jesus came to wipe us clean from sin and save us and as a random so we could have life.
He can to give us life to the fullest. Says so in the bible

Simple.. God should be nice
But he has to be tough probably too
No one can tell Him what to be
He does what He thinks is best whether you like it or not.
But we are human
But also he should understand your pain and feelings and who you are as a person better than you understand yourself.
He should understand your heart and why you so things the way you do and feel the way you do
Everyone gets mad..humans are annoying
No one should live in fear each day but people around the world do and it is exhausting
Think of how lucky you are each day that even with problems you feel relatively safe and can feel like well hopefully for most richer countries you can get medical care that is helpful.
People in western world feel safe there are people that live out there is some countries in captivity or afraid to have a voice or fear for their life every day that they will be murdered or blown up.
It is exhausting living in fear and wears you down, sometimes I think it is best to die.
God and jesus are not the same. Jesus Christ was still human. God is omnipotent. Humans are still fallible even Jesus, he could never be everything to everyone and probably had his own struggles.
Only God can be and love us unconditionally.
Jesus came to wipe us clean from sin and save us and as a random so we could have life.
He can to give us life to the fullest. Says so in the bible

You have such a unique way of writing.

Well the whole message is self flagelation, whether physically, or mentally or spiritually. The church really pushes that doctrine to keep those in line. Something l do not agree with. But l am exiting this post as l don't believe much in the doctrine of control in any arena.
My point was that the problem is perspective. Also, if you miss the point that Jesus' crucifixion was a commentary on human nature, then when you attach the pain to God's nature instead of man's, then you are just crucifying God again. And there's the trouble with humans again.

Nice joke thread . . . where's the punchline?

It's not a joke. I was trying to express that God is vulnerable in his own way, even despite being omnipotent, and you're supposed to feel love and compassion for God the same as you do for other people.

It's not a joke. I was trying to express that God is vulnerable in his own way, even despite being omnipotent, and you're supposed to feel love and compassion for God the same as you do for other people.
Not omnipotent enough to see me coming.

Do we need to be diagnosing God? I don't think he is any neurology.
I didn't think of it as diagnosing God, and I don't even contemplate autism as an illness or disability because I'm not familiar with any of those people who have it to that extent where they can't talk or drive a car, or whatever. I do imagine God as someone who desperately reaches out to people who don't get him at all, and who don't make any effort to reach back. And I look at God as someone who is made vulnerable not because of weakness, but because of love extended to others, which means he can and is hurt every single day. I feel like I greatly relate to him.

New Threads

Top Bottom