• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Giving Up Something For Good

KevinMao133

I’m giving up on dating

For good this time

Girls don’t like me, women hate me

Won’t even try because I know it won’t work anyways

Anyways, being single is awesome

I also gave up a long time ago, although there were some people who showed interest in me.

Being in a relationship is too much responsibility anyway.

Relationships do seem difficult. I have learned some lessons like don't talk. Listen and also enjoy the silence. Separate bedrooms are very nice, allows for personal winding down, or blow outs. Communication is at the top of the list.

So alone is good too. Sometimes l have been single for years at a time, and another time, l was in a very long relationship.

^Well to be fair men are not really picky where i live, and someone getting attracted to you on a superficial level doesn't mean they care about you.

I had to distance myself from several people since they wouldn't want someone who isn't normal.

A lie that I told myself was that women never notice me. Yet, as I matured socially, I recognized the times in the past that they did and sometimes made the effort to connect. I just did not understand the signals at the time. I feel ashamed at the thought that these nice girls/women felt rejected by me.

@KevinMao133 , are you sure you can recognize signals of interest?

Last edited:
at least some people showed some interest in you. No one cares about me
There are a lot of fake people out there. You sorta of have to test them to see if they do care.

I was parked across the street from a restaurant we were walking to, he was parked on the same side as the restaurant. The street was busy. I said here is my test, if you walk across to greet me even though the restaurant is on your side, l know you have something for me, a little feeling. He did, l remember that when l get upset with him. That makes me smile. He did come across to greet me.

You need to come up with your own little tests. Lol

Last edited:
Kevin, it’s a bold move to pass on the opposite sex. Women are glorious and wonderful people.

IMO much more interesting than men, although some men are fantastically interesting and worth getting to know. Certainly as a man, I have a vested interest in saying so. LOL.

I can relate to your absolute statements. I have felt how you do many times. Frustration with the complexity that is relationship / friendship building can make a guy stop short and bail out of the challenge.

It’s okay to sign off and I can agree that the single life fits me well. I love it but a tiny fraction of my heart and mind knows what I am missing. It’s a choice.

Dating isn’t everything. It will happen if you like it to. I respect your desire to cultivate the single life. There are good satisfactions in doing so.

I appreciate your courage to say, “thats it, no more.” Give yourself some time. Don’t second guess yourself and double down on the single life.

Let us know how it’s going.

Thank for the post.

New Threads

Top Bottom