• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ghostbusters 3 in the works - set in the original continuity and ignoring Ghostbusters 2016...

From what I've read regarding the new Ghostbusters movie, the film will be bringing back the original team but will feature four new recruits - two boys and two girls.
Here's something I've found out regarding one of the boys and one of the girls:

Provided to We Got This Covered by a trusted source, the intel explains that the two central characters will be a young boy and girl. The former will be 13 years of age and is said to be passionate about fantasy and conspiracy theories. Furthermore, he apparently approaches every situation with “unbridled excitement for the unknown.” What’s perhaps most interesting though is that he quite often will narrate life in real time, adding “descriptive color” to the people he meets.

As for the girl, she crosses paths with the aforementioned boy at some point in the film and they quickly become friends. She’s 12 years of age, from what we understand, and is said to be an insanely smart kid. However, she often has a hard time with “interpreting and expressing emotions and speaks with a flat delivery that make her observations humorous.” Though she wants to connect with others, she struggles with interpreting how her family and friends feel and has difficulty sharing her own feelings. Her “science acumen” is said to prove invaluable throughout the story, though.

Source: First Character And Plot Details Revealed For Ghostbusters 3

This actually has piqued my interest a bit more.
Firstly, it appears the film may be going down a similar road to the animated series The Extreme Ghostbusters (which had Egon Spendler as the last remaining member of the original team - the Ghostbusters been shut down after a lack of paranormal activity - putting together a new Ghostbusters team when ghosts start to reappear; the team consisting of a Hispanic man, an African-American man, a Wheelchair user and a Goth girl. Here's the opening for that show).

Second, based on the descriptions given, it's possible one of the characters may be Autistic. Whether this is actually the case probably won't be confirmed until the film comes out, but I'm interested to see if this is or isn't the case.

When I refer to hiccups in season1 it's more about the backstage shenanigans than the show itself. I really enjoyed the first season and rewatched it recently. There was some fan backlash about the design choices and the redesign of the Klingon make up but that didn't bother me. It's not the 1960s any more ;)
There is a noticeable change in direction midway through the season, but I didn't find it jarring. I think anyone who likes Star Trek or SciFi in general, who goes in with an open mind will enjoy it.

Hiccups? I've been giving some thought to buying the first season on DVD. Hate to hijack the thread, but your comment got the best of my curiosity.

Can't really say I have much interest in any reboot of Ghostbusters. I consider the original two films as classics. Don't mess with a good thang!

The first one was classic yeah, but GB 2 wasn't as good IMO, except for the exceedingly cute babies who played Oscar.

The first one was classic yeah, but GB 2 wasn't as good IMO, except for the exceedingly cute babies who played Oscar.

Agreed, the second one wasn't nearly as good. But still it had the original cast with that SNL feel to it.

Agreed, the second one wasn't nearly as good. But still it had the original cast with that SNL feel to it.

Sadly Harold "Egon" Ramis died in 2016, so he won't be in it, oh hang on, I read somewhere that they're bringing him back by CGI, like they did with the late Peter Cushing in Star Wars Rogue One.

Last edited:
Sadly Harold "Egon" Ramis died in 2016, so he won't be in it, on hang on, I read somewhere that they're bringing him back by CGI, like they did with the late Peter Cushing in Star Wars Rogue One.

Well, it will be interesting to see how well they can carry that off in CGI. They do seem to be executing such things in various films with some degree of improvement. Though I suspect there will always be the potential of legal problems over dead actors and their estates for film producers and lawyers to hash out.

A weird synthesis of old footage and CGI blended into the same scene:

Last edited:
It appears some of the media is siding with Leslie regarding the 2016 movie getting ignored, despite the hypocritical fact that the 2016 movie ignored the previous two films and basically established itself as an 'alternate universe' style event.

What's more, one of the articles was promoting the idea of a 'crossover' movie between the two versions, similar to "Spider-Man: Into the SpiderVerse". However, I doubt that will happen considering the 2016 version bombed and the majority of Ghostbuster fans (the level-headed ones, not the raging minority that are part of every fanbase) are not fond of the 2016 film because they thought it was a bad movie.
Besides, if they want a crossover, they had that in the comics with the "Ghostbusters Annual 2018" and then with the comic "Ghostbusters: Crossing Over".

It appears some of the media is siding with Leslie regarding the 2016 movie getting ignored, despite the hypocritical fact that the 2016 movie ignored the previous two films and basically established itself as an 'alternate universe' style event.

What's more, one of the articles was promoting the idea of a 'crossover' movie between the two versions, similar to "Spider-Man: Into the SpiderVerse". However, I doubt that will happen considering the 2016 version bombed and the majority of Ghostbuster fans (the level-headed ones, not the raging minority that are part of every fanbase) are not fond of the 2016 film because they thought it was a bad movie.
Besides, if they want a crossover, they had that in the comics with the "Ghostbusters Annual 2018" and then with the comic "Ghostbusters: Crossing Over".

Won't happen, for the reason that everyone who complained about the all female reboot would complain even more about a crossover.

Like if they ever did a Star Wars/Star Trek crossover, which has about as much chance of happening as the Tories winning the next general election, ie slim to none.

Won't happen, for the reason that everyone who complained about the all female reboot would complain even more about a crossover.

Like if they ever did a Star Wars/Star Trek crossover, which has about as much chance of happening as the Tories winning the next general election, ie slim to none.

True, though it would make for some amusing visuals and dialog:

Bones: "Spock, are you trying to do a mind-meld with that R2D2 unit? Be careful!"
Spock: "Yes, doctor."
Kirk: "Bones, I think Spock is in love."
R2D2 blows a fuse and gives Spock quite a shock. Go figure.
Kirk: " Bones, see what you can do for him"
Bones: "He's dead, Jim."
Kirk: "Not the robot, stupid. Spock! His pointed ears are still wiggling. "
Bones: "Oh."
Luke: "Use the force, doctor."
Kirk, Bones & Spock: "Huh?"

Last edited:

True, though it would make for some amusing visuals and dialog:

Bones: "Spock, are you trying to do a mind-meld with that R2D2 unit? Be careful!"
Spock: "Yes, doctor."
Kirk: "Bones, I think Spock is in love."
R2D2 blows a fuse and gives Spock quite a shock. Go figure.
Kirk: " Bones, see what you can do for him"
Bones: "He's dead, Jim."
Kirk: "Not the robot, stupid. Spock! His pointed ears are still wiggling. "
Bones: "Oh."
Luke: "Use the force, doctor."
Kirk, Bones & Spock: "Huh?"

Well, there was a fan-made Star Wars/Star Trek crossover - albeit one that also crossed over with Halo and Mass Effect. Here it is:

And then there's this one too:

And there's the Star Trek & Doctor Who crossovers in comics
9a394a5dd16ea455a2fc9c6453136c91.jpg

Planet of The Apes
st-apes-coverria-616x935.jpg

Transformers
Star+Trek+vs+Transformers+1.jpg

X-Men
StarTrekXMen.jpg

And.....

Star Trek
ZZ4E75B78B.jpg

What timing. It's all giving me a headache.

I mean...I'm watching "Voyager". The episode wher Tuvok and Neelix are transported at the same time and are materialized into one being- "Tuvix". :eek::p

Oh I love that one! I'm not a huge fan of Voyager but it had some good episodes, and that was definitely one of them :)

Okay - got made aware of this article from The Mary Sue, with the author stating that while she is excited for the 2020 film but at the same time states that she thinks that no more Ghostbusters movies should be made at all: https://www.themarysue.com/maybe-its-time-to-let-the-ghostbusters-die/

This seems ridiculous to me - especially when you consider other franchises can have more than two sequels, become movie series, have a library of remakes/sequels/TV shows/crossovers or even form entire cinematic universes.

Star Wars, Star Trek, Wizarding World (Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts), Lord of the Rings, Marvel and DC (be it their standalone films and sequels, TV series and/or cinematic universes), The Fast and the Furious, the "Bourne" series, the "Weyland-Yutani" film series (Alien, Predator, Prometheus), Terminator, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Hellraiser, James Bond, Gamera, King Kong, Godzilla, Ultraman, Pirates of the Caribbean, War of the Worlds - seriously, I could on for ages...or up until I run out of characters.​

All these series have multiple films to their names, so why should the Ghostbusters stop at 3 or 4 movies and two animated series?
It sounds very much like a case of "salt the earth rather than see something else grow".

Last edited:
Might make for an interesting episode of "The Orville".

Where they encounter an apparently stagnant civilization that stopped developing culturally, intellectually and finally scientifically thousands of years ago. Only to find that long ago they collectively decided that it was easier to repeat all its achievements of the past rather than be innovative in the future, all while maintaining a modest yet predictable profit.

How's that for a dystopian society? o_O

Coming up....Rocky 43 Meets Rambo 28 On The Planet Of The Apes! Next on Fox...

Last edited:

Already posted this article on the thread and commented on it:

From what I've read regarding the new Ghostbusters movie, the film will be bringing back the original team but will feature four new recruits - two boys and two girls.
Here's something I've found out regarding one of the boys and one of the girls:

Provided to We Got This Covered by a trusted source, the intel explains that the two central characters will be a young boy and girl. The former will be 13 years of age and is said to be passionate about fantasy and conspiracy theories. Furthermore, he apparently approaches every situation with “unbridled excitement for the unknown.” What’s perhaps most interesting though is that he quite often will narrate life in real time, adding “descriptive color” to the people he meets.

As for the girl, she crosses paths with the aforementioned boy at some point in the film and they quickly become friends. She’s 12 years of age, from what we understand, and is said to be an insanely smart kid. However, she often has a hard time with “interpreting and expressing emotions and speaks with a flat delivery that make her observations humorous.” Though she wants to connect with others, she struggles with interpreting how her family and friends feel and has difficulty sharing her own feelings. Her “science acumen” is said to prove invaluable throughout the story, though.

Source: First Character And Plot Details Revealed For Ghostbusters 3

This actually has piqued my interest a bit more.
Firstly, it appears the film may be going down a similar road to the animated series The Extreme Ghostbusters (which had Egon Spendler as the last remaining member of the original team - the Ghostbusters been shut down after a lack of paranormal activity - putting together a new Ghostbusters team when ghosts start to reappear; the team consisting of a Hispanic man, an African-American man, a Wheelchair user and a Goth girl. Here's the opening for that show).

Second, based on the descriptions given, it's possible one of the characters may be Autistic. Whether this is actually the case probably won't be confirmed until the film comes out, but I'm interested to see if this is or isn't the case.

New Threads

Top Bottom