• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Future children’s names

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
I’ve been making a few posts on here about my, Lord-willing, future plans to have kids, (which, as I’ve said before on here and want to stress, is the best thing we can do to advance the cause of Autism Acceptance.) and I figured I’d share the list of possible future names for my future kids, so without a further ado, here they are:

Daughters:

Diossalva Veronica (I’m not sure if Spanish grammar requires an accent in the “ó” or not.)

Maria Gracia (the reason I plan on having an elder daughter - if I have two daughters - named “Veronica” and the younger named “Maria,” is a reference to this story here: Mary and Veronica: A True Story of Forgiveness)

Betsabella (Bathsheba, as you may have noticed, the names are Hispanic as I plan on living in Chile when I have my family.)

Judit

Ester

Salométa (Salome, the mother of Saints James and John, it’s spelt Salomé in Spanish, but I prefer to spell it that way.)

Idida (Jedidah in most Bible translations, a Queen Mother of Judah.)

Josabella (Joshebah)

Cordélia

Malinche

Hecuba

Juana

Bllanca

Acsa

Sons:

Isaac (Named after the Biblical figure yes, because I rather feel like Isaac’s father, I really want to have a family and kids; but also after Saint Isaac Jogues, the Canadian Martyr)

Luis-Alfonso Maximiliano (Bonus points for whoever can figure this out. ;))

Pedro-Roys Fernando (The founding patriarch of our family was named Pedro Roys de [Family Name])

Jose Eustacio (Named after the Huron Martyrs Joseph Chiwatenhwa and Eustace Ahatsistari, I have reason to believe that the woman whom I am quite sure now is going to be my future wife, would want a son named Jose/Joseph.)

Tiago

Xavier (Named of course after St. Francis Xavier, this name is very apropos, not only because he’s Basque, and I am of Basque ancestry, but he became a Saint by being a missionary to Asia, and the woman whom I believe is going to be my future wife is of Chinese ancestry; so it’s only appropriate that a guy of both Basque and Chinese ancestry gets the name Xavier. I know in Spanish, Xavier is rendered Javier, but I want to spell and pronounce it this way because it’s closer to the original Basque; although it might actually be easier to spell and pronounce it Xabier in Chilean Spanish, so I could just go with that.)

Francisco Domingo (I had the idea of this name for awhile, but also the woman whom I believe is my future wife has a devotion to St. Francis of Assisi.)

Iñigo

Juan-Enrique Alberto (Have an ancestor on my mom’s side of the family named John Henry.)

Lope (A traditional Basque name.)

Arista (Founder and king of the independent Basque Kingdom of Navarre)

Recaredo (First Catholic King of the Visigoths)

Ciro

Alarique

Needless to say I won’t be having all of these kids (Though I hope to have a couple ;):smile:), and things may change, I do have a couple of other names floating around in my head like Odiseo, Baddo (Recaredo’s wife), and Cincinato; but this is the general idea I have of possible future names for my future kids.

So for those of you who are planning on having kids, what’re your ideas for names for your future kids?

I know it is good to have some ideas of a name, but there is another person whose opinion you will need to take into account before any name is registered, namely the mother. She will have her tradition of names as well and her family history will influence things greatly too.

So for those of you who are planning on having kids, what’re your ideas for names for your future kids?
Not future, but already given...

Girls (first & middle):
  • Anastasia,
  • JoHannah,
  • Joshana* (pronounced yasha na),
  • Jubilee,
  • Maranatha,
  • Nike (pronounced nih kay),
  • Nissiah &
  • Shiloh
Boys (first & middle):
  • Aaron,
  • BenJudah,
  • Daniel,
  • David,
  • Elijah,
  • Gabriel,
  • Hezekiah,
  • Jeshua,
  • Jordan,
  • Joseph,
  • Josiah,
  • Nathaniel,
  • Uriah &
  • Zephaniah
*Hoshana (a more original form of Hosanna) would have been more linguistically accurate, but we did not find that out until after we named her.

Last edited:
I always liked the name Alowishus Devadander. ;) It's from a song. "My name is Mud, but call me Alowishus Devadander Abercrombie. That's long for Mud, so I've been told".

People do pick the strangest of names for thier kids. I recently read a BBC article about people in India being named after political or social events going on at the time they were born. One guy called Emergency, and another kid was given the name Lockdown.

People do pick the strangest of names for thier kids. I recently read a BBC article about people in India being named after political or social events going on at the time they were born. One guy called Emergency, and another kid was given the name Lockdown.
In the Legend of Zelda Oracle games, I always name the baby It just for the dialogue made by the mother as the game progresses. My favorites are, “I hope It grows up big and strong!”, “It looks sick,” and “Look! It has grown!”

Not future, but already given...

Girls (first & middle):
  • Anastasia,
  • JoHannah,
  • Joshana* (pronounced yasha na),
  • Jubilee,
  • Maranatha,
  • Nike (pronounced nih kay),
  • Nissiah &
  • Shiloh
Boys (first & middle):
  • Aaron,
  • BenJudah,
  • Daniel,
  • David,
  • Elijah,
  • Gabriel,
  • Hezekiah,
  • Jeshua,
  • Jordan,
  • Joseph,
  • Josiah,
  • Nathaniel,
  • Uriah &
  • Zephaniah
*Hoshana (a more original form of Hosanna) would have been more linguistically accurate, but we did not find that out until after we named her.
CraftyOpulentGuppy-max-1mb.gif

;)

I’ve been making a few posts on here about my, Lord-willing, future plans to have kids, (which, as I’ve said before on here and want to stress, is the best thing we can do to advance the cause of Autism Acceptance.) and I figured I’d share the list of possible future names for my future kids, so without a further ado, here they are:

Daughters:

Diossalva Veronica (I’m not sure if Spanish grammar requires an accent in the “ó” or not.)

Maria Gracia (the reason I plan on having an elder daughter - if I have two daughters - named “Veronica” and the younger named “Maria,” is a reference to this story here: Mary and Veronica: A True Story of Forgiveness)

Betsabella (Bathsheba, as you may have noticed, the names are Hispanic as I plan on living in Chile when I have my family.)

Judit

Ester

Salométa (Salome, the mother of Saints James and John, it’s spelt Salomé in Spanish, but I prefer to spell it that way.)

Idida (Jedidah in most Bible translations, a Queen Mother of Judah.)

Josabella (Joshebah)

Cordélia

Malinche

Hecuba

Juana

Bllanca

Acsa

Sons:

Isaac (Named after the Biblical figure yes, because I rather feel like Isaac’s father, I really want to have a family and kids; but also after Saint Isaac Jogues, the Canadian Martyr)

Pedro-Roys Fernando (The founding patriarch of our family was named Pedro Roys de [Family Name])

Jose Eustacio (Named after the Huron Martyrs Joseph Chiwatenhwa and Eustace Ahatsistari, I have reason to believe that the woman whom I am quite sure now is going to be my future wife, would want a son named Jose/Joseph.)

Tiago

Xavier (Named of course after St. Francis Xavier, this name is very apropos, not only because he’s Basque, and I am of Basque ancestry, but he became a Saint by being a missionary to Asia, and the woman whom I believe is going to be my future wife is of Chinese ancestry; so it’s only appropriate that a guy of both Basque and Chinese ancestry gets the name Xavier. I know in Spanish, Xavier is rendered Javier, but I want to spell and pronounce it this way because it’s closer to the original Basque; although it might actually be easier to spell and pronounce it Xabier in Chilean Spanish, so I could just go with that.)

Francisco Domingo (I had the idea of this name for awhile, but also the woman whom I believe is my future wife has a devotion to St. Francis of Assisi.)

Iñigo

Juan-Enrique Alberto (Have an ancestor on my mom’s side of the family named John Henry.)

Ciro

Alarique

Needless to say I won’t be having all of these kids (Though I hope to have a couple ;):smile:), and things may change, I do have a couple of other names floating around in my head like Odiseo, Baddo (Recaredo’s wife), and Cincinato; but this is the general idea I have of possible future names for my future kids.

Those are all beautiful names. I don’t have children and I’m probably too old to have them. If and when I get married I would like to adopt if possible. The Sicilian tradition has always been to name your first born son after your father. It gets too redundant after a few generations.

But it would all depend on what my potential future wife would want as well. Biblical names in Sicilian are beautiful as well. Maria, Marco, Matteo, Elisabetta are a few.

Sons:

Tiago

Iñigo

Ciro

Alarique
Doh! I forgot to add Torlaco (Saint Thorlak) to the list, he would probably somewhere before or after Jose Eustacio.

Boys (first & middle):
  • Aaron,
  • BenJudah,
  • Daniel,
  • David,
  • Elijah,
  • Gabriel,
  • Hezekiah,
  • Jeshua,
  • Jordan,
  • Joseph,
  • Josiah,
  • Nathaniel,
  • Uriah &
  • Zephaniah
Great names (Both the boys and girls names), Elijah, (Elias) Hezakiah, (Ezequias) and Josiah (Josias, I already have a reference to him on my list) are also names I have, and may consider in the future.

Sometimes people name their kids things that I think only work as dog names lol.

I would not name a child very many of the names that my dogs have, if any:
My boy dogs are Enzo and Odin, and my girl dogs are Linda, Kodi, Chesca (Francesca), and Hex.

If you guys want a laugh, some of the more "memorable" names of my clients' dogs are:
- Malos
- Larry
- Cosmo
- Leela
- Kraken
- Ranger
- Chalice
- Crowley
- Netta
- Splash
- Kendrick
- Riddle
- Focus
- Ryker
- Dixon
- Lovey
- Dream
- Miley
- Raisin
- Fidget
- Bear
- Jimi Hendrix

I hope this is PG-13, but I will put it in a spoiler in case it's questionable.

My uncle *supposedly* worked with someone named Michael Hawk. And he is an attorney.
Just don't call him Mike.

Sometimes people name their kids things that I think only work as dog names lol.

I would not name a child very many of the names that my dogs have, if any:
My boy dogs are Enzo and Odin, and my girl dogs are Linda, Kodi, Chesca (Francesca), and Hex.

If you guys want a laugh, some of the more "memorable" names of my clients' dogs are:
- Malos
- Larry
- Cosmo
- Leela
- Kraken
- Ranger
- Chalice
- Crowley
- Netta
- Splash
- Kendrick
- Riddle
- Focus
- Ryker
- Dixon
- Lovey
- Dream
- Miley
- Raisin
- Fidget
- Bear
- Jimi Hendrix

These are great names!

I give my dogs human names because I'm weird. My wife hates it but I'm always the quickest to pull out a random name. My youngest is Francine, lol.

New Threads

Top Bottom