• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Future children’s names

Come to think of it, I don't think I'd be good at animal/pet names, I mean did have Better fish and name them, but if I were to get pet right now, I don't think I could come up with a good pet name for him or her. (Except, Empress, for a female cat. ;))

To advance Autism acceptance, autistic people need to have children? Is the hope to have autistic children? Is it because autistic people are more likely to be accepting of autistic people so the goal is to have as many autistic people in the world as possible? That's all I can think of.

Not future, but already given...

Girls (first & middle):
  • Anastasia,
  • JoHannah,
  • Joshana* (pronounced yasha na),
  • Jubilee,
  • Maranatha,
  • Nike (pronounced nih kay),
  • Nissiah &
  • Shiloh
Boys (first & middle):
  • Aaron,
  • BenJudah,
  • Daniel,
  • David,
  • Elijah,
  • Gabriel,
  • Hezekiah,
  • Jeshua,
  • Jordan,
  • Joseph,
  • Josiah,
  • Nathaniel,
  • Uriah &
  • Zephaniah
*Hoshana (a more original form of Hosanna) would have been more linguistically accurate, but we did not find that out until after we named her.

I'm obviously reading this wrong, but the way I'm reading this says that you have 22 children.

Last edited:
To advance Autism acceptance, autistic people need to have children? Is the hope to have autistic children? Is it because autistic people are more likely to be accepting of autistic people so the goal is to have as many people as possible in the world be autistic? That's all I can think of.
Groups in general benefit from having children and increasing their population; on a simple level, we’ll become a more noticeable minority in society, and of course the more of us there are having kids, the more and more undeniable it’ll be that Autism is genetic and not caused by modern toxins. On a more complex level, I believe that the non-Autistic majority will view and treat us very differently if we have kids; when they see Autistic children being raised in Autistic families by Autistic parents, it’ll send a clear message that we not only a genuine and self-determining community, but a self-sustaining community, a self-sustaining people.

Groups in general benefit from having children and increasing their population; on a simple level, we’ll become a more noticeable minority in society, and of course the more of us there are having kids, the more and more undeniable it’ll be that Autism is genetic and not caused by modern toxins. On a more complex level, I believe that the non-Autistic majority will view and treat us very differently if we have kids; when they see Autistic children being raised in Autistic families by Autistic parents, it’ll send a clear message that we not only a genuine and self-determining community, but a self-sustaining community, a self-sustaining people.

One of the main "sparks" to lead adults to discovery/identification/diagnosis as autistic is that their child or grandchild was diagnosed, and in learning about autism to better support them, they come to realize that they're on the spectrum themselves. Some celebrate that, some accept it, and yet others go into denial.

So it's not that there aren't already a lot of autists, but rather, that many are hidden in plain view, living out their lives without realizing they're on the spectrum.

And let's also keep in mind that many autists choose to keep a low profile - not mentioning it at all, or only in a select few, as there is still, regretfully, significant stigma and potential professional / employment and social repercussions from disclosure, as many of our fellow forum members can attest.

I'm obviously reading this wrong, but the way I'm reading this says that you have 22 children.
Those are first & middle names separated for the sake of their privacy.
Anastasia Nike was the daughter we miscarried. The twenty remaining names belong to ten living children.

Last edited:
...the more and more undeniable it’ll be that Autism is genetic and not caused by modern toxins.
There is one school of thought that autism, by itself, is genetic, but severe co-morbids occur when autistic children are exposed to certain toxins that NT children are immune to.

There is one school of thought that autism, by itself, is genetic, but severe co-morbids occur when autistic children are exposed to certain toxins that NT children are immune to.
Well unfortunately whether this theory is true or false, it's not well-known; most people simply cling to the main narrative that Autism is a horrible awful thing that needs to be destroyed and if someone loves being Autistic they don't really like it, or aren't really Autistic.

One of the main "sparks" to lead adults to discovery/identification/diagnosis as autistic is that their child or grandchild was diagnosed, and in learning about autism to better support them, they come to realize that they're on the spectrum themselves. Some celebrate that, some accept it, and yet others go into denial.

So it's not that there aren't already a lot of autists, but rather, that many are hidden in plain view, living out their lives without realizing they're on the spectrum.

And let's also keep in mind that many autists choose to keep a low profile - not mentioning it at all, or only in a select few, as there is still, regretfully, significant stigma and potential professional / employment and social repercussions from disclosure, as many of our fellow forum members can attest.
That's true there are still a lot of Autistic people that need to except themselves and not submit to the narrative that Autism is bad.

Perhaps one thing that could help, is something else I've talked about on here which is in-the-flesh Autistic communities, a visible presence of Autistic people in local communities, not just online communities and the like. I'll talk about this more in a future thread I plan on posting, once I'm done with other chores in my own, in-the-flesh life.

My next female dog will be Madison or Grayson. I like Elliott, Hudson, and Walter for males.
But these names are kind of breed-specific too because I have essentially already decided that my next one will be another English Pointer or a German Shorthaired Pointer.

But isn't it common for children of autistic parents to have more severe autism than their parents?

But isn't it common for children of autistic parents to have more severe autism than their parents?
Not before 1979. ASD2s & 3s only occurred as often as natural triplets, 1:10K. It is the incidence of severe co-morbids that is off the charts, not base autism. Autism without severe co-morbids [ASD1] wasn't even acknowledged until later.

Perhaps there is a risk (maybe not necessarily Level-2 or 3 Autism) of members of the Autistic families being born with defects if there is a lack of diversity in their gene-pools, similar to how certain animal breeds become more prone to genetic defects after generations of breeding exclusively among their own breed; but I don’t think that would happen until after said families have exclusively married Autistic people and had Autistic children for several generations.

The heritability of (basic) autism parallels the heritability of other forms of neuro-diversity, like intellectual giftedness.

(The "inbreeding" model would not suddenly & overwhelmingly appear worldwide in a single generation.)

I don't have kids myself, but I do plan on getting at least another cat in my life after Kiki. I do prefer female cats, so I will start with girls names for cats:

Abby
Bridgette (or Brie for short)
Lucy
Molly (also the name of ex's cat)
Dot
Stellaluna
Luna
Zoe
Charlotte
Delilah

Male names for future cats:
Ziggy
Bowie
Piers
Salem
Dennis
Tommy
Sylvester
Peter (or Petey)
Jett
Charlie

Sons:

Isaac (Named after the Biblical figure yes, because I rather feel like Isaac’s father, I really want to have a family and kids; but also after Saint Isaac Jogues, the Canadian Martyr)
I think I'll be naming my future son Isaac Cristobal, after San Cristobal, Saint Christopher. I'm saying a novena to him for my move to Chile and thus, may do this as an act of thanksgiving for his intercession.

St. Christopher, the Dog-Headed Giant

In the unlikely event where I get to pick a child’s name, I will name him or her Terry Aki.

New Threads

Top Bottom