• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Frustrated, angry, depressed and confused (Need to vent)

aspieman2396

First off, a family member (not going to say who) closest to me was recently diagnosed with cancer and it threw me off when I found out, I am still not able to handle it well and there's a lot of anger, worry and misery around my family, although we are hopeful that everything will turn out fine.

I just feel lonely and confused about this situation, I am also frustrated about things going on at my job, I work at a supermarket bagging groceries and I found out that they recently cut my hours and I can't really make that much money, just thinking about makes me want to kick a trash can over and over again because I try to do my best in that place, I just feel trapped in there because looking for a job where I am at is very difficult although I am trying to get a new one. I feel shortchanged by the management and the customers are just d-bags. I am 99.5% close to quitting my job. It's getting that bad. not to mention, my co-workers treat me like crap too. Not to mention the job is boring and menial, I just feel like it isn't going to work out.

Third, I am striving to get my license, I tried to take my driving test 3 times, and I failed all of it, the most recent time I failed it, I was cursing up a storm and I was hitting and banging the steering wheel after the test because my anxiety got the best of me, I just don't understand why these irresponsible drivers can get a license and I can't... I actually drove on the highway with a family member the day of the most recent driver's test and I did really well. I would pay for lessons but I don't make that much money for someone to teach me and I don't know anyone that would help me with driving lessons. So basically, life gave me a "You're on your Own" Card... hopefully I will get the money together to hire another instructor and take the exam and pass it for once.

so that's that..

re the driving licence, i failed my test three times as well
i got it in the end
and ended up driving about 50000-60000 km a year in a sales job in europe
and haven't had an accident to date (knock on wood)
so don't worry :)

if you are not happy about your work, maybe consider what is going on as an opportunity to better yourself :)

I hear you!

I know this may sound defeatist, but I am coming to terms with it and have encouragment to pursue and that is, find something aside from being an aspie, that you can claim some financial help? Being an aspie, won't cut it with the government.

I would love nothing more than get a little job and to get my driver's licence, but it is unrealistic, because of my situation and so, because I have severe social phobia, I am waiting for a psychiatric appointment, to give me a formal diagnosis. I tried many year's ago and was laughed out of the office and it stopped me ever trying again, believing I was making things up.

As for the family member. Cancer is NOT a death sentance; it is what they do to get rid of cancer, that is the death sentance. So many people, who have been given the "death sentance", in a desperate attempt to stay alive, have turned to natural therapy and the reports are so positive, that it shocks me, more are not trying.

Someone from my congregation ( church), has just been given the horrible news that she has cancer and it is inoperable. That means: it has either spread or in an area that is dangerous to interfere with. She has requested no one visit her, accept her husband. I, in a desparate attempt to get to her, passed vital information to her best friend and hope, with all my heart, she takes it on board, because she is heavily into the pharma company ie believes in that form of medicine. I can imagine her lying in her bed, at the hospital, just waiting to die and it is not sitting very well with me, when I KNOW there is a solution.

Going back to you and driving. I passed a typing test with flying colours, when I was in my 20's, with a distinction and yet, when I went into a temping agency, I had to take another test ( despite the proof with my documention), which she barely glanced at and just waved me to a corner of the room, where there were computers and I FAILED. In fact, she said there is no way she can give me a chance and I was too nieve at that point to actually point out that the advertisment said: accuracy is more important than speed, because at that point, I was no fast enough for a secretarial job. But even now, if someone starts watching me type, I make tons of mistakes.

Is there not a program that is available to ones with special needs, to learn to drive?

I hear you!

I know this may sound defeatist, but I am coming to terms with it and have encouragment to pursue and that is, find something aside from being an aspie, that you can claim some financial help? Being an aspie, won't cut it with the government.

I would love nothing more than get a little job and to get my driver's licence, but it is unrealistic, because of my situation and so, because I have severe social phobia, I am waiting for a psychiatric appointment, to give me a formal diagnosis. I tried many year's ago and was laughed out of the office and it stopped me ever trying again, believing I was making things up.

As for the family member. Cancer is NOT a death sentance; it is what they do to get rid of cancer, that is the death sentance. So many people, who have been given the "death sentance", in a desperate attempt to stay alive, have turned to natural therapy and the reports are so positive, that it shocks me, more are not trying.

Someone from my congregation ( church), has just been given the horrible news that she has cancer and it is inoperable. That means: it has either spread or in an area that is dangerous to interfere with. She has requested no one visit her, accept her husband. I, in a desparate attempt to get to her, passed vital information to her best friend and hope, with all my heart, she takes it on board, because she is heavily into the pharma company ie believes in that form of medicine. I can imagine her lying in her bed, at the hospital, just waiting to die and it is not sitting very well with me, when I KNOW there is a solution.

Going back to you and driving. I passed a typing test with flying colours, when I was in my 20's, with a distinction and yet, when I went into a temping agency, I had to take another test ( despite the proof with my documention), which she barely glanced at and just waved me to a corner of the room, where there were computers and I FAILED. In fact, she said there is no way she can give me a chance and I was too nieve at that point to actually point out that the advertisment said: accuracy is more important than speed, because at that point, I was no fast enough for a secretarial job. But even now, if someone starts watching me type, I make tons of mistakes.

Is there not a program that is available to ones with special needs, to learn to drive?

Thanks for the encouraging words, They supposedly said that the cancer is treatable and it's a stage 2 but I'm freaked out because I remember that Adam Yauch of Beastie Boys fame had a very treatable cancer and got treated but he died 2 years later... So, if that tells me anything, Cancer is one tricky thing...

Thanks for the encouraging words, They supposedly said that the cancer is treatable and it's a stage 2 but I'm freaked out because I remember that Adam Yauch of Beastie Boys fame had a very treatable cancer and got treated but he died 2 years later... So, if that tells me anything, Cancer is one tricky thing...

Chemo is what kills and if the cancer is not dealt with, what ever way, yes, it will kill, because the immune system is not working properly. You see, chemo kills the immune system off and that is why people get very sick and their hair falls out; it is NOT cancer that does that.

Cancer are cells that have become immortal and they thrive on sugar and oxygen.

This is why, when a person has been treated by chemo, they get cancer back or die of other complications.

Chemo is what kills and if the cancer is not dealt with, what ever way, yes, it will kill, because the immune system is not working properly. You see, chemo kills the immune system off and that is why people get very sick and their hair falls out; it is NOT cancer that does that.

This is why, when a person has been treated by chemo, they get cancer back or die of other complications.
What about Radiation therapy?

What about Radiation therapy?

Same thing. Many not be as damaging as chemo, but it still damanges the immune system.

Do research on natural therapy and look at a video on: the truth about cancer, the global quest.

Whether the cancer is treatable or not depends on where the cancer is, its grade and its stage. I think for most cancers stage 2 is still considered early, though there will be a risk that it might return.

You are 100% correct that chemotherapy causes hair to fall out, and that it temporarily depletes or compromises the immune system and that can cause complications. However, it doesn't follow that if one has chemotherapy, one will inevitably die or get the cancer back or have complications. Many people with early stage breast cancer have conventional treatment and don't go on to develop complications. I hope not, because I had cancer and chemotherapy, I am in remission and hope to keep it that way.

Trying natural remedies is a good idea and I have been treating myself with olive leaf extract and ginger - these boost the immune system and are said to kill cancer cells - but it's not a miracle cure and there's no guarantee that it will cure cancer or prevent it from returning - personally, I wouldn't advise anyone to renounce conventional therapies or medical advice to rely solely on natural remedies, that is an extremely risky thing to do.

I wanted to elaborate on one of the paragraphs, is that my job keeps cutting my hours and sometimes didn't schedule me at all, this time they cut my hours because I had to drive said family member to the hospital on a day that I was scheduled to work, and this is a disability-friendly employer... this is bringing my blood to a boil. And not to mention, dealing with d-bag managers

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom