• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

For Aspie Women! "10 Traits of Female Aspies" Video

Ambi

Hello ladies :) I am posting a video I am currently watching - I think sharing the video could be a very helpful way to let others understand us better - it is also helpful to me in having those, "yes, that's me" moments!

I could relate to much of what she was saying until she started talking about how we "excape". After about the 6th or 7th "excape" I had to turn it off!

I could relate to much of what she was saying until she started talking about how we "excape". After about the 6th or 7th "excape" I had to turn it off!
I didn't turn it off, but I had to actively filter it out! I kept repeating it in my mouth with annoyance, but soon enough she was done with that part of the talk, lol!

I related to feeling like we are ourselves, but at the same time we aren't really ourselves. Self-identification. I struggle a lot with being true to myself and being fake that sometimes it crosses or merges and it confuses me. So much to the point I have had to delete instagram because I became obsessed (without realizing it) certain looks or behaviors that I couldn't tell if that was something I really wanted to become or just mimicking to fit it. Now I just focus on what makes me happy versus the outward appearance or clothing or behavior.

Now I just focus on what makes me happy versus the outward appearance or clothing or behavior.

I think this is a struggle that everyone would feel, it's just that NTs get so much more acceptance without seriously compromising themselves that they don't realize when they have crossed a line and start losing themselves.

New Threads

Top Bottom