• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Five Love Languages Quiz

I got quality time for an answer
The questions were vague and repetitive in my honest opinion ;)

The result I got was physical touch. In a way I'm not surprised since I am a very tactile person and when I was growing up I didn't recieve much love in any form especially physical touch.

The result I got was physical touch. In a way I'm not surprised since I am a very tactile person and when I was growing up I didn't recieve much love in any form especially physical touch.

You're the first person to have received that result that I have asked. It makes sense, though, from what you stated.

You got: Quality Time

I got: a quiz where I wanted to answer "None of the above" to about 28 of the 30 questions.

So, what speaks more than words, and what Aspie does not use as many words as possible to describe a focus point - no gifts, no touch, can fill that gap left by the world's demands other than the affirmation that we seek. Interesting that I seem to be the only one to have this 'love language'.

It may. I hadn't considered that either.
I'm not such how old you are, but do you think as you got older how you show affection changed? I think my result from the test was accurate. Now that I think about it there are only a few people that I am close enough to touch. My niece, lily my step-sister Kelly, my brother in-law Matt, and my girlfriend those name is also Kelly.

What was your result?

Acts of Service. I express love by doing things for people, and also feel loved when people do things for me. I expect that's true, because I don't put myself out for anyone but those I love, and cats ... I love cats.

I'm not such how old you are, but do you think as you got older how you show affection changed?

When I was younger, I needed more "words of affirmation," and was more physically affectionate with significant others (I've never been the huggy, feelly type in a general sense though). I guess you could say it changed somewhat, but maybe a better words is "refined." Greater experience brought greater confidence ... thus negating the need for constant verbal affirmation. I think simple hormones may be to blame for my increasing lack of interest in physical affection ... that, and too many years on psych meds.

I suppose there's lots of ways in which our expression and recognition of love can change over a lifetime. However, I would say that I have always carried the feeling that doing things for others is the most important symbol of affection. Perhaps the ones less important to me just dropped by the wayside on their own accord over time.

I got quality time, but my idea of quality time is different from how it was described. I like to spend time with people, in small groups, or one on one, but I'm not looking for a deep connection, just time together, unless someone wants to dive into a long winding discussion on some esoteric subject.

I have been smothered by people wanting deep connection, and they wind up feeling neglected, saying I'm distant and aloof.

I read the book "Love Languages" it was recommended to me by a former therapist. I found it rather simplistic, but informative.

When I was younger, I needed more "words of affirmation," and was more physically affectionate with significant others (I've never been the huggy, feelly type in a general sense though). I guess you could say it changed somewhat, but maybe a better words is "refined." Greater experience brought greater confidence ... thus negating the need for constant verbal affirmation. I think simple hormones may be to blame for my increasing lack of interest in physical affection ... that, and too many years on psych meds.

I suppose there's lots of ways in which our expression and recognition of love can change over a lifetime. However, I would say that I have always carried the feeling that doing things for others is the most important symbol of affection. Perhaps the ones less important to me just dropped by the wayside on their own accord over time.

I can see the logic, but for me personally true words of affirmation don't signify the need that emanates from a lack of confidence, but rather signify someone's appreciation of who I am just for who I am and not for who I am expected to be.

Affirmation can mean different things to different people, but I should imagine it is not an easy task to love me as I am more than a handful and definitely march to the beat of a different drum. So, to me affirmation means acceptance and love. However, I could have misread the questions and misunderstood the intended meaning.

I thinks acts of service could be a close secand for me, too. My family didn't do a lot for me in the terms of service, but that's for another thread. I'm not really the huggy feely type either with the exception of 3 people two of witch I'm related.

I really can't take that quizz. The first 4 questions have no good answer for me. What's the result with only "C" answers ?

So, what speaks more than words, and what Aspie does not use as many words as possible to describe a focus point - no gifts, no touch, can fill that gap left by the world's demands other than the affirmation that we seek. Interesting that I seem to be the only one to have this 'love language'.
I got words of affirmation too

Physical Touch

In relationships, particularly in my family, I crave skin-to-skin contact (with the obvious exception of privates,* not counting my wife). Since that is a neo-natal trait, I wonder if that is a PDD feature?

It makes me feel connected.

Affirmation would probably be #2.

*I even feel it when changing diapers, etc. as long as it's in an appropriate context.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom