• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

First time ever talking about my diagnosis.

vanReez

Hello, this is very difficult for me, as I have lived alone, with no friends or family for 25+ years. I have isolated myself, mostly because I thought people just didnt like me, always getting offended at what I said, so I deduced the easiest solution was just to not socialize. I have daily routines that I adhere to diligently, its what gets me by day to day. I always knew I was different, but I had no understanding of what ASD was. A few years ago, I had a tumor in my brain, which turned out just fine, this is not what I'm writing about, but just a challenge I overcame. The result, was me speaking with professionals, and received my diagnosis. Nothing changed in my life, I have continued to isolate myself, more then ever, again, because I have never felt a connection with another human, and the thought that people dont like me. The thing that did change, was that I was gaining more knowledge about myself, and wanting to learn more. So that brings me up to now, I have so much confusion about everything, and I've been alone for so long, I have extreme anxiety, even to speak with a doctor or, psychologist. So now I live with the knowledge of my diagnosis, but I dont know where to go from here. Am I alone with these thoughts?

Hello and welcome!

You're not alone in finding that it can be challenging to live in a world where one may be misunderstood.

Sometimes withdrawing oneself from interactions can be a way to keep ourselves safe, but this can have its own costs.

I hope you're able to find a balance that works for you, and keep in mind that there is more to connections than with other people - we also have connections with ourselves, with other living things, and the world at large, and all of these connections help enrich our lives.

Hello, this is very difficult for me, as I have lived alone, with no friends or family for 25+ years. I have isolated myself, mostly because I thought people just didnt like me, always getting offended at what I said, so I deduced the easiest solution was just to not socialize. I have daily routines that I adhere to diligently, its what gets me by day to day. I always knew I was different, but I had no understanding of what ASD was. A few years ago, I had a tumor in my brain, which turned out just fine, this is not what I'm writing about, but just a challenge I overcame. The result, was me speaking with professionals, and received my diagnosis. Nothing changed in my life, I have continued to isolate myself, more then ever, again, because I have never felt a connection with another human, and the thought that people dont like me. The thing that did change, was that I was gaining more knowledge about myself, and wanting to learn more. So that brings me up to now, I have so much confusion about everything, and I've been alone for so long, I have extreme anxiety, even to speak with a doctor or, psychologist. So now I live with the knowledge of my diagnosis, but I dont know where to go from here. Am I alone with these thoughts?
The only changes you can make are the one's you're willing to execute. I am fine in isolation and really do not seek companionship other than my family and wife. It's your life...decide what's best for yourself. The road is open to you...you choose the direction. :)

Hello and welcome. If you are looking to start forming connections, I’m happy that you found us. I was very isolated for most of my life. Even though there were people physically around me, I was always on an island completely alone in my own mind. The lonely feeling of being among people and still feeling so far away.

But, here we are, a whole bunch of us tenuously reaching out and seeing what it’s like to connect with others. For me, it has been a very positive move and I have found understanding, camaraderie, and friendship here in ways that I have never expected or imagined could be possible.

I hope you benefit from your time here and have some fun, too. Let us know if you need any help finding your way around the forum.

1684611420871.png

New Threads

Top Bottom