• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fireworks go Boom

Well, it was WWIII over at my friend's house last night. The poor feral cats didn't know what to do. They were running from one side of the property to the other, completely terrified. :( I tried to sit out with them and get them to calm down, but to no avail.

There was no use calling the sheriff or the hotline for illegal fireworks because it was going on all over the city and county. There aren't enough law enforcement to respond. I don't know why they don't go after the makers and distributors of illegal fireworks more aggressively, because they certainly can't arrest all the end users.

Then I came home to find my own poor cats hiding under the bed. It was just as bad in my neighborhood, and I live in the middle of the city! :mad:

I hope the worst of it is over now. Thank heavens the 4th didn’t fall on a Friday this year, or this would be going on all weekend too.

I am not a huge fan of July 4th. The flashing fireworks get me to meltdown stage very quickly. I usually hang out in my room with music and sensory things to keep me busy and off of things. This year I had to do fireworks because of my family, but for the most part I don't do fireworks. I enjoy them from a distance and that is it.

Because of all the firework noise I slept in little segments most of the night. Very early this morning I had a cup of tea and breakfst and then took a nap.

A welcome first. Given the high winds, red flag warnings and unrelated brush fires I didn't hear a single firework go off.

I'm stunned. But then who wants everything they own to get burned to the ground?

A welcome first. Given the high winds, red flag warnings and unrelated brush fires I didn't hear a single firework go off.

I'm stunned. But then who wants everything they own to get burned to the ground?

I last four days we have had a very large grass fire that burned down one home in Boise and two homes burned down in Nampa, all because of fireworks. For some reason, in Idaho, you can buy any kind of fireworks that are made. All you have to do is promise not set off them of in Idaho. You can see how that is working out for us.

I'm lucky, in that my two little dogs (dachshund mixes) and two boys aren't bothered at all by booms and cracks. Which is good, because it's been a war zone for at least a week.

I love the city fireworks display, always have. It's the random M-80s whistling and booming nearby at random times that get me. I'm not expecting them, and they literally make me jump.

We had a relatively quiet Fourth, because there were fireworks displays on the other side of town for the two nights prior. We could hardly hear it! :) The night of the Fourth it got cloudy and started to drizzle which was fine with me. There was only one horrific, loud bang that was fairly close to our house and that made me jump out of my skin and nearly meltdown. I was just so glad that there wasn't more like that.

And I agree with CaliCat, that when I was a child you only heard fireworks on the Fourth, and not three days before and two days after!:mad:

I like looking at fireworks but I can't handle the noise of it in public. I'd rather listen to them on TV where I can turn down the volume if it gets too much and I enjoy the patriotic soundtracks that they play. Less chance of getting bit from mosquitoes too is a plus also.

New Threads

Top Bottom