• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Finishing a project to do with an obsession

Dalia

Hi,

I've had a special interest for a specific show (in particular a specific season of that show) since the end of 2019 and when the show ended mid last year it was really difficult for me. To have something to hold onto for it I started turning the season into a book because I enjoy writing. However, for many months I couldn't get myself to write because it's a tough part in the season and it's difficult to sit down and write all of that pain. I know that the only way I'm going to be able to move on from this obsession is to finish this book and get passed my fear of writing again but I'm struggling a lot. Does anyone have any advice of how to tackle this, I would really appreciate it because I get anxious every time I think about it and I know it won't go away until I face it and do it.

Thanks

That is a conundrum. Welcome to the forum by the way. So to move on you have to finish the book, but sitting down and writing is too diffult now. I don`t have any good advice, I only know that when I`m procrastinating and something is very hard to get started with, it`s not as bad as I feared when I finally force myself to do it. You might have to force yourself to try and maybe it won`t be as bad once you get started.

I do know how annyoing it is when a good show ends. Why can`t they just keep making episodes? Good luck with the writing.
Thank you so much for your message!

I don’t have really great advice either, but I hope it helps you to know that I also obsess about certain things and then get sad when they’re over with or they run out. It sucks when that happens :/

But I’m constantly learning about things and finding new interests and hobbies, so I don’t get bored often :)

Hopefully you can find some new and exciting things to pursue, in addition to writing your book :) Maybe that will help inspire you too!

I don’t have really great advice either, but I hope it helps you to know that I also obsess about certain things and then get sad when they’re over with or they run out. It sucks when that happens :/

But I’m constantly learning about things and finding new interests and hobbies, so I don’t get bored often :)

Hopefully you can find some new and exciting things to pursue, in addition to writing your book :) Maybe that will help inspire you too!
Thank you so much for your message, I really appreciate it!

New Threads

Top Bottom