• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Finally Seeking Answers

Questing for Answers

Hey All....

Quick and to the point. I've always been the "oddball". Well, there can be all kinds of reasons for that and so I plugged in some "symptoms" and one of the possibilities came back Aspergers... so I took a quick, 150 question test but that turned out a bust.. I don't understand the results. I got 107 out of 200 aspie and 112 of 200 neurotypical. What does that even mean? There's a 50/50 chance I do? Or I don't. Frustrating! Anyone have any thoughts? I don't like the idea of going to a therapist. I don't trust people easily. But if I had a direction in advance, I'd feel a lot better about it. Thanks for any input.

I am not an expert on what all the scores mean, but it would seem to me that you have some AS traits, but not all of them. It is not either/or, it is a continuum, a spectrum, and it is multidimensional and very complex. Different people have different traits that have different levels of intensity. There are various clustering of traits that we call "Asperger's" or "ADHD" or whatever, but any one individual can have any combination of traits.

The best advice I can give my friend is to keep looking and the truth will become apparent soon enough.
Good luck.

I was in a similar situation like you. I felt there was something going on with me, but I didn't know what it was. I did a test to determine I have asperger, but it isn't affective. I made a list of things I notice about myself, as well as others do. I researched as much information on this disorder to better understand myself better. I realized it was best to see a professional to test me, but found someone with enough qualifications, in order to properly diagnose me. After I was tested it was determined I have PDD. I wanted to share with you of what happened with me. Try to find as much information, talk to people (like here) and you may find this helpful. Good luck in what you decide.

New Threads

Top Bottom