• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fidget Toy recommendations? (things to stim with)

I’ve been looking at this a while. Probably going to get one .
I have heard that the Jr. ones are too small unless you have very small hands. I bought the aluminum ones, but you can get different metals. The main complaint I have heard is that the plastic that holds them together can break. I have not had that issue, but I have been careful with them. Hope they work for you.

pens.jpg

For many years before I had ever heard of a fidget spinner, I would bend the pocket clips on the caps of my employer's ballpoint pens and use the bent clip to spin the pen at lightning speed, repeatedly, alternating directions. At least it's silent.

If we had clicky ballpoint pens instead, I would click them and click them click them and click them until I drove everyone in my office mad.

At home, it was the VCR remote's battery cover, which made a satisfying clicky noise until it broke from wear and tear.

Also, my wife just told me this month that when we first married, years and years ago, I used to click the computer's mouse buttons over and over and over, and that it used to drive her crazy.

There's also my own leg, bouncing it rapidly (which drives my daughter crazy).

And also, liked to spin my key ring around on my finger as quickly as I could.

And I had no idea that I could possibly be on the spectrum.

I keep it in my car, in the footwear, and it extends to the back seat of the car as its 160cm long.

1000015848.jpg

Ed

Last edited:
This cassette tape and case are always on my desk for use as stim toys. I like the feel of the plastic and also the clacking sounds they make as well. I find myself flipping them around vertically and horizontally with my fingers. Sometimes with both hands, sometimes one handed. Sometimes cassette in case, sometimes cassette on its own.

tape.jpg

I had some compulsive-like tendencies I abandoned, because I felt like my faith was telling me very emphatically that they were unhealthy. I don't know whether that's the same thing. It felt like it was a lot of staring into the abyss, really, so it might not even be the same thing.

I keep everything tied together (so I don't lose it as soon as I turn around: loops, mini flashlight, and stim), plus I have my emergency bag.
IMG_4244.jpeg

Komboloi. I always have one within reach. (In retrospect, I wonder why I received so many as gifts…)

Yes, that’s one. One of my current favourites looks like this:

image.jpg

Small enough to always have in my pocket, and very tactile.

New Threads

Top Bottom