• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fidget Toy recommendations? (things to stim with)

I got mine, but was disappointed. It's a lightly different design and has something inside that rattles - that drives me crazy. I need to drill holes in it to remove the thing that rattles from inside it.

Interestingly, these hair ties make great, wearable fidgets.

1676081721305.jpeg

Interestingly, these hair ties make great, wearable fidgets.

View attachment 96210
They kinda look like those curly phone cables on those landline phones we ancient people used to have. The only part of a traditional phone I looked forward to interacting with. But there's always one loop that goes out of shape and I can never seem to get it back the way it's supposed to be. Still it's fun to try! :)

They kinda look like those curly phone cables on those landline phones we ancient people used to have. The only part of a traditional phone I looked forward to interacting with. But there's always one loop that goes out of shape and I can never seem to get it back the way it's supposed to be. Still it's fun to try! :)
They have them for guitar too

24097433-92DA-4E60-AA62-5E4A2345EDD1.jpeg

They kinda look like those curly phone cables on those landline phones we ancient people used to have. The only part of a traditional phone I looked forward to interacting with. But there's always one loop that goes out of shape and I can never seem to get it back the way it's supposed to be. Still it's fun to try!
^Precisely sums up my childhood.

1676083621514.jpg

I can’t remember what it is called but you can move the attached blocks around in different combinations. A bit similar to rubik’s cube . It is extremely satisfying.
Tried it, yes. Didn’t connect with it. Guess I’m not coordinated enough. But listening to a friend use it is absolutely hypnotic. I could listen to it all day.

I feel like everyone has at least one object they like to fidget with that wasn’t actually made to be fidgeted with. Some of my personal favorites:

Rings/bracelets

AirPods case

Rubber lining on my Otterbox phone case

The skin around my fingernails (if that even counts lol)

What are your favorite non-fidget fidgets?

I like to twirl and fidget with my pens and pencils between my finger. This really helps me think while I’m writing and planning. I also like to fiddle with my rings and bracelets as well.

New Threads

Top Bottom