• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fidget Cube

Caelix3

Has anyone tried a Fidget Cube and does it work pretty well?

I've been thinking of getting one, as I think it would be a good thing to fidget with.

It could probably be even used for stimming too.

Fidget_Cube_Retro_grande.jpg

Fidget Cube

A video showing a fake one vs the real one.

The video above ^ shows the features.

OH MY!
I just checked out the video and the little gadget has a number of gizmos that look really promising. I definitely *need* (read want) one of these. It really does look like a good substitute for stimming, which would assist in social situations.
Better than pen clicking, hair twirling, rubberband rolling, ring fidgeting, stone rubbing, bulldog clip clicking, leg bouncing... it's all my stimming rolled into the one portable gadget!
Great find! :D

I actually bought a couple of the knockoffs for my son. He's still a little young for them though, even though he loves to turn the lights on and off all the time.
I do like them for myself though. I personally wouldn't spend $15-20 for it though. I got mine from ebay for around $5, didn't get the plastic looking ones, they feel more like silicone. The only difference that I can really see is that the light switch is a little stiffer on the knockoff, but that's not really something I like to do anyway. I'd rather spin things.

I actually bought a couple of the knockoffs for my son. He's still a little young for them though, even though he loves to turn the lights on and off all the time.
I do like them for myself though. I personally wouldn't spend $15-20 for it though. I got mine from ebay for around $5, didn't get the plastic looking ones, they feel more like silicone. The only difference that I can really see is that the light switch is a little stiffer on the knockoff, but that's not really something I like to do anyway. I'd rather spin things.
I heard that the knockoff is louder then the real one. The knockoff is based on the prototype of the Fidget Cube, I also heard.

I've wanted one of these for so long. I don't want to buy a knock off though, partly because (as @Caelix3 mentioned) they're supposedly louder but mainly because they've essentially stolen the idea from the people who went through the whole process of getting their idea funded through kickstarter.

The last time I looked at the official one, they were still only sending them out to people who backed it, but I think you could register your interest and they'd email when you could get one. This was quite a while back though.

i have a similar cuby fiddle sensory toy but i keep putting it down somewhere and losing it [but then finding it again eventually],fallen out of my pocket loads of times,and because i have no working/short term memory i forget i have it in my hand and it often falls where im sitting.

I heard that the knockoff is louder then the real one. The knockoff is based on the prototype of the Fidget Cube, I also heard.
If you mean the clicking thingies on one side , that are like clicking a pen, they sound exactly like a pen. So, I suppose it would be annoying to other people if you're in a meeting or something if you keep clicking it. As I said, I'm really into the spinning and turning, as I don't have much hand or finger strength due to some medical issues.

Thanks for sharing this! I'm ordering one of these since I'm always fidgeting with something and it tends to annoy people. I'm not getting the one from the folks on Kickstarter though. That's a bit too expensive for me right now, especially since I might lose it. I found a few cheaper cubes online at Walmart. So, mine should be here next week. I can't wait to try it out! I figure if I like this one then I'll buy the real fidget cube later on and after I've learned not to lose the cheaper one. :rolleyes:

I love the fidget cube and so does my son but I like the mini keychain one. The original is too big in my opinion. I keep one in my desk and use it often. My other favorite is the new fidget game pad that looks like a playstation controller

Mine arrived yesterday. Addicted already. I used the chain to attach it to my bag strap so i can play as i walk around.

2 buttons don't work and it is a little large to use the round spinner side with just a thumb ... but i like it :D

I'm still waiting for mine. I caved and bought one from Amazon. Specifically chose one sent from the UK, but once again, Chinese sellers on Amazon lying about their location have struck. Ordered it in May, should arrive by 27th June :rolleyes:

I have one, but don't really get on with it. To be honest, I only really use the switch part and I don't like the feel of the cube in my hand. I have other sensory gadgets which work better for me - but really do think it's a personal thing.

I know some people who do really like the fidget cube, but it's not for me. Wouldn't it be great to find somewhere that offers the opportunity to try all sorts of sensory, stim and fidget objects? (Without being in the middle of a really busy shop trying to sell stuff!)

Mine showed up today. Turns out it came from Thailand, not China. I'm happy with it so far, and I especially like the buttons that sound like popping bubblewrap when you press them.

20170612_130356.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom