• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fictional Characters whom you think have Asperger/autism

Kirk from Gilmore Girls and Ralph Wiggum from The Simpsons are very likely intended to be autistic.

Daniel (Harry Connick jr) from "P.S. I love you".

Bella Swan from the Twilight series and the Luminosity fanfic.

Last edited:
It's probably been mentioned already but....

Pearl from Steven Universe. Her behavior definitely shows her to be somewhere on the autism spectrum. Her occasional insensitivity, her obsession with making sure everything is neat and orderly, and the trouble she has with dealing with certain emotions (like regret) seem to paint her as somewhat of an Aspie.

There's also Lisbeth Salander from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (and the rest of the Millennium series, for that matter). I think even her late creator said as much. Her solitary nature and her difficulty with social situations combined with her odd demeanor are a dead giveaway.

I at one point thought that Harry Hole from Jo Nesbo's novels may have been an Aspie....but I later figured it might have had more to do with his chemical dependecy.

The characters I would most believe have Aspergers are Dr. Spencer Reid(Criminal Minds), Dr. Sheldon Cooper(The Big Bang Theory), and Brick Heck(The Middle)...

Ignatius J. Reilly from John Kennedy Toole's A Confederacy of Dunces.

His odd mannerisms, his bad social skills, his obsession with Boethius and Pre-Renaissance Europe, his idiosyncratic political and philosophical views, his casual insensitivity, his eccentric dressing habits....I go on, is what I'm saying.

Ignatius J. Reilly from John Kennedy Toole's A Confederacy of Dunces.

His odd mannerisms, his bad social skills, his obsession with Boethius and Pre-Renaissance Europe, his idiosyncratic political and philosophical views, his casual insensitivity, his eccentric dressing habits....I go on, is what I'm saying.
I love Boethius too!

I think pretty much the entire "sisterhood" from Princess Jellyfish are probably on the spectrum. Though they are playing on the Otaku / NEET stereotype these women have a lot of hallmark HFA characteristics. They all have an unusual obsessive interest, fear social situations, and really do not care about current fassion and trends. The only member of the household who makes any money is a cartoonist who never leaves her room and communicates only through written notes.

iu

I think pretty much the entire "sisterhood" from Princess Jellyfish are probably on the spectrum. Though they are playing on the Otaku / NEET stereotype these women have a lot of hallmark HFA characteristics. They all have an unusual obsessive interest, fear social situations, and really do not care about current fassion and trends. The only member of the household who makes any money is a cartoonist who never leaves her room and communicates only through written notes.

iu
They look very autistic.. If you know what I mean?

They look very autistic.. If you know what I mean?
Yeah, the only one who doesn't fit the sterotype is the one in the middle, but she's not part of the sisterhood. In fact, "she" is a cross dresser who comes into their lives and turns everything upside down. At first there is a lot of misunderstanding, but they ultimately learn a lot from each other and find a way to combine their interests and start a jellyfish themed fassion line. It's a pretty cute show.

I think Rom from Deep Space Nine is autistic. He cannot Ferengi for the life of him, but as his son says he is a mechanical genius who would have gone farther in a less capitalistic society. But he hasn't got the business sense. No social skills either--he makes friends because they respect his work or they love him for his kind heart. He can barely speak to Leeta and just manages to communicate his feelings before she leaves. Nog's mother is another social situation he handled poorly. There's a lot of spergs in business situations that he could represent. How many of us are stuck in jobs that we haven't got the lobes for? Too bad there's no Federation willing to sponsor our talents.

I think Rom from Deep Space Nine is autistic. He cannot Ferengi for the life of him, but as his son says he is a mechanical genius who would have gone farther in a less capitalistic society. But he hasn't got the business sense. No social skills either--he makes friends because they respect his work or they love him for his kind heart. He can barely speak to Leeta and just manages to communicate his feelings before she leaves. Nog's mother is another social situation he handled poorly. There's a lot of spergs in business situations that he could represent. How many of us are stuck in jobs that we haven't got the lobes for? Too bad there's no Federation willing to sponsor our talents.
Alien Aspies!

Jace Beleren is a mind mage from the Magic: The Gathering card game, and one of the most important characters in the mythos. He is a studious loner with a knack for seeing complex patterns, but it is passages like this that seal the deal.

"Jace was not accustomed to noticing people's eyes. He didn't need them to read intentions, and while he'd learned to look at people's eyes when he talked to them, he'd never really learned to pay attention to them. But Liliana's eyes he remembered, old and violet-gray and full of the promise of danger. He tried to hold her gaze now, but found he couldn't stand the memories that stirred up. His eyes finally settled on her nose, the only place he could find that didn't make him some manner of uncomfortable." - Catching Up, by Kelly Diggs​

New Threads

Top Bottom