• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fictional Characters whom you think have Asperger/autism

Apparently the former "Richest man in the World" Microsoft Boss Bill Gates, has Asperger's, apparently he was so focused on computers in his younger days, he decoded to create his own IT company, and Microsoft was formed!

I don't know but remember Steve Jobs? The Apple guy? He might've had it as well.

The character of Clarence Worley from True Romance, one of my favorite movies. He has extremely obsessive, narrow interests (Elvis, comic books, kung fu) and can't seem to grasp social cues when people aren't interested in him. The thing that betrays him is that he was extremely adept at reading high-pressure situations.

Ralph from Lord Of The Flies. There seems to be evidence that he had epilepsy, as on several occasions in the book he had what appeared to petit mal absences. However his insistance on order and tidyness, strict adherence to rules, organising things and stuborn rejection of ideas contrary to his own seem to indictate the possibility of autism too. He had no friends, other boys such as Piggy & Simon sought his companionship but Ralph barely reciprocated. He was always essentially a loner and by the end of the book he was also an outcast, for being the only boy on the island who didn't accept Jack's authority.

A friend of mine once told me that the character Roy Cropper in Coronation St is based on an Autistic person.

They haven't mentioned it in the Soap to date and I doubt they ever will do, but it's possible, his social skills aren't much cop, and he himself seems a bit strange, he has some weird tendencies and stuff.

A friend of mine once told me that the character Roy Cropper in Coronation St is based on an Autistic person.

They haven't mentioned it in the Soap to date and I doubt they ever will do, but it's possible, his social skills aren't much cop, and he himself seems a bit strange, he has some weird tendencies and stuff.
From what I have read he is meant to have Asperger's and was written as such but they just never made it into a storyline.

Since I rewatched some episodes of Dexter's Laboratory, I kind of wonder if Dexter has Asperger's Syndrome. He seems clueless at times when I would also feel clueless, and I noticed how much he doesn't fit in with other kids. There's times when he seems much less intelligent socially than Dee Dee. Then again, it could just be the result of him being a genius and even geniuses have their weaknesses.

Since I rewatched some episodes of Dexter's Laboratory, I kind of wonder if Dexter has Asperger's Syndrome. He seems clueless at times when I would also feel clueless, and I noticed how much he doesn't fit in with other kids. There's times when he seems much less intelligent socially than Dee Dee. Then again, it could just be the result of him being a genius and even geniuses have their weaknesses.

I used to love that show! One thing I never got, how come he was the only one in his family to speak with an Eastern European accent?(I have that same queston about Animaniacs, why does Wakko speak with an English accent, when neither Yakko nor Dot do...)

Yeah I remember watching Dexter's Laboratory at my cousin's house as a kid (the only place I could watch many cartoons as my parents couldn't afford to pay for subscription TV services at the time which meant we only had access to 5 channels - no cartoon network or nickelodeon). He used to call me "Dexter" sometimes. Also used to watch Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy, Angry Beavers, Ren and Stimpy, Fairly Oddparents, Spongebob Squarepants, Invader Zim etc... good times!

I already posted this a while back but didn't really elaborate or explain - I actually wonder if Rigby from Regular Show has aspergers. Even though he is very extroverted and somewhat over-confident in social situations, his social skills still appear somewhat immature/under-developed for his age. He takes figurative speech literally quite often, he seems to have a hard time expressing his own feelings in an appropriate way (as well as actually processing them, in some cases), and he doesn't show empathy for others very often, and when he does he tends to show it in a really inappropriate way that gets misinterpreted - or he simply fails to recognise certain emotions in others and therefore is unable to empathise with them. This is what causes a lot of the problems, confrontations, misunderstandings etc. which are almost an integral part of the show.

He doesn't have much trouble interpreting nonverbal cues from Mordecai like facial expressions and other things, but it's inferred that they've been best friends from a very early age so obviously he'd be very very familiar with Mordecai and could've learned to recognise certain things through years of observation. But, as with all the other characters in the show, Mordecai occasionally misinterprets Rigby's behaviour, too. The misunderstandings can go both ways - it isn't always Rigby's fault.

I'm pretty sure Garth from Wayne's World has aspergers. He acts awkward when forced into unexpected conversations and stuff like that

In Family Guy, God is autistic :p

Disclaimer: before anyone who might be religious raises any objection to this post - Family Guy is a fictional show, and 'God' exists as a character within that fictional show, ergo, the 'God' that appears in Family Guy is a fictional character by definition, and that is totally unrelated to the issue of whether or not any such being exists within reality.

Spencer from iCarly. There was one episode where he mentioned visiting his "special doctor." He doesn't have any friends his own age.

Last edited:
This may be debatable but I think that Anne in Anne of Green Gables could have been Aspie. She was very dreamy and had a temper (the classic moment when she smashes her slate over Gilbert Blythe's head in school). In many ways she reminds me of myself. There is, however, her approach to society. She seems quite confident among others but then and again Asperger's affects people differently.
On the other hand, Anne has this amazing ability to win the hearts of difficult people like Diana Barry's aunt, Mr Harrison (Anne of Avonlea) and Leslie Moore (Anne's House of Dreams), despite being starved of love as a child. That to me suggests someone with the innate social skills normally associated with NTs. Anne would be a great friend for an Aspie, that's for sure.

I reckon William Dobbin from Vanity Fair was an Aspie. Possibly Amelia too.

I used to love that show! One thing I never got, how come he was the only one in his family to speak with an Eastern European accent?(I have that same queston about Animaniacs, why does Wakko speak with an English accent, when neither Yakko nor Dot do...)

In all fairness, I used to speak with either a posh accent or a Scottish accent when I was younger - which was very different from my family (we're English and live in East Yorkshire, England).
I don't speak in those accents now, but I still remember my family teasing me about them.

Although he's a robot, I feel that Zeta (or 'Zee') from The Zeta Project had some Autistic traits.

Here's some episodes - I'll let you decide (apologies for the quality):

Wallace (from Wallace & Gromit) exhibits face-blindness. In "The Wrong Trousers," he didn't recognize his tenant, the penguin, until he removed his rubber glove/"rooster" disguise...
doh_orig.gif

Actually, I feel that Jane was a little cold. She was so contemptuous of so many people.
(I know I'm over 8 years late to the discussion, but) I think that the reading of Jane as cold actually lends itself to the interpretation that Jane is autistic. Really, if you look at Jane through an autistic lens, there is no aspect of her that doesn't warrant a reading as autistic.

My friend recently made me watch Prodigal Son and the prodigal son himself, Malcolm, is so incredibly autistic. I'm sure people write it off as trauma, but even just the premise of the show -- at its core an adaptation of Sherlock Holmes the autistic character -- dictates that its protagonist be autistic.

New Threads

Top Bottom