• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fictional Characters whom you think have Asperger/autism

Doc Brown from Back to the Future. Singular focus, lack of social skills, wonderfully dramatic mad-scientist mannerism, and I also kind of love his hair. That last bit isn't about being aspie, but it's still cool.

I think Marty's dad also qualifies, same reasons. Even after he becomes successful he still has this sort of odd manner, very strange cadence.

Jace Beleren is a mind mage from the Magic: The Gathering card game, and one of the most important characters in the mythos. He is a studious loner with a knack for seeing complex patterns, but it is passages like this that seal the deal.

"Jace was not accustomed to noticing people's eyes. He didn't need them to read intentions, and while he'd learned to look at people's eyes when he talked to them, he'd never really learned to pay attention to them. But Liliana's eyes he remembered, old and violet-gray and full of the promise of danger. He tried to hold her gaze now, but found he couldn't stand the memories that stirred up. His eyes finally settled on her nose, the only place he could find that didn't make him some manner of uncomfortable." - Catching Up, by Kelly Diggs​
Now that is cool!

Another alien aspie I think is Prowl from G1 Transformers, he is logical and is obsessed with strategies, he rarely shows any sense of humor, he is pedantic and becomes extremely upset (meltdown?) when plans go wrong or something he can't factor in occurs.

Sera in the game Dragon Age Inquisition. She seems outgoing and crass at first, but as you get to know her, you realize she lacks a verbal filter, does not understand social cues, tries to make jokes that make sense to her but, fail miserably with others. Very narrow view and direct, simple solutions to problems yet, seeking proof of gods, demons and other things she thinks can't be "really real" but, must be real because so many believe they are real.

I mentioned Kylo Ren in another thread before I found this one. Hates havings his plans interrupted, leading to some ferocious meltdowns.

Saga Nor?n from Bron|Broen (The bridge; Danish/Swedish crime series) shows a lot of traits I thought were Asperger-ish. It's not confirmed in the series... even though in the show a co-worker comments "she's a bit odd", as well as her boss (the police chief; since Saga is a cop) does talk to her more in private and has a really good understanding for her and her behaviour.

The wiki-page of the series apparently pointed out that she has a lot of traits in common with Aspergers as well, so it wasn't just me thinking it. I recognized a fair share of things she does, which in the series she's being told as "being not normal", which make me doubt how many people would probably have stepped up to me in the past if I were a bit more approachable, lol.

The Bridge (Danish/Swedish TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for anyone interested
I love The Bridge.

I think police officer Mark Brennan from Neighbours (Australian soap) has Aspergers, not sure if they have written him that way intentionally: but over time they have made his traits more pronounced. He is obsessed with Doctor Who, is very particular about order and cleanliness, seems socially awkward, is very blunt and offends people without realising, and bores people talking about his special interests/financial products. He has had a few on-screen meltdowns. He also hasn't been very successful in relationships, ok his first fiancée was shot, but since then he has had a few unsuccessful relationships including one where his girlfriend split up with him (for the second time) as he didn't know how to express himself and was found to be getting romance tips from someone else, and most recently his new fiancée was suspected of handling stolen goods and rather than have someone else arrest her he did, even though she was cleared and found to have been set up he just couldn't trust her anymore and he was very blunt with her in comparing her unfavourably to his fiancée who died. At that time he also had trouble making eye contact with his new fiancée and his friends and had difficulty articulating his thoughts even more than usual. This particular storyline happened only last week so it will be interesting to see where they go with his character now.

Johnny from The Room.

Though that might be because I'm almost certain that Tommy Wisseau is autistic.

This just hit me like the bomb in the middle of Megaton! Moira, the proprietor of Craterside Supply in Megaton in the Bethesda game Fallout 3. She's DEFINITELY an Aspie with serious ADHD!

For some reason, I want to think Isaac from The Binding Of Isaac may be autistic. He is said to "draw and keep to himself", and the fact that you play many iterations of him makes me wonder if they're actually other characters or some sort of Multiple Personality Disorder at play. I can relate so much to that little guy. Between keeping to myself, having an abusive mother (okay she hasn't tried to kill me...yet...but she's hurt me in so many other ways she might as well be trying to actually kill me), and seeing a demon in the mirror...something tells me he may have a disorder. Maybe not autism. But something.

I know all about the abuse, Deathrow, my bio mom made the Wicked Witch of the West look like a Girl Scout!

Ihit me up for a private conversation if you ever want to talk about you life, I'm here for you!

I think Dr Martin Ellingham in "Doc Martin", DC Brian Lane in "New Tricks" and DCI Richard Poole in "Death in Paradise" have the condition due to their social awkwardness and obsessions, and attention to detail; they stick at it until they get results.

This is probably just my imagination, but... Rigby from Regular Show. It may not be immediately obvious and his personality quite different to any kind of aspergers stereotype, but some of his behaviours, and his motivations for doing things, seem kinda aspie-ish sometimes.

I thought that Dr Who has Aspergers, he seemed a little unusual and showed a few traits... Maybe he could actually be, you never know?

I see your point but you'd think after 50 odd years they would've touched on it by now?

Also, I know he was an Android but Data from Star Trek TNG showed traits, he lacked social skills and had no emotions, which are apparently common Aspie traits.

Mork From Ork on Mork and Mindy. Watch the very first episode on youtube! They tried to institutionalize Mork!

Even though he is considered a misfit on his home planet, his behavior would be considered more "normal" there...

I think he said he was retarded which in opinion is thinking to slow while aspergers is thinking to fast? But yeah it kinda does?

In the episode "Petarded", Peter Griffin is diagnosed as being mentally retsrded, and the storyline of that episode is him taking advantage of the fact being mentally retarded absolves him from being responsible for his actions.

Bartleby, from the movie of the same name. One character comments that Bartleby might have ADD, but I think he's more HFA.
that movie was based off a book by Herman Melville of Moby Dick fame. He certainly had something wrong with him, the book portrays a man in deep despair.

Apparently Bart Simpson has ADHD, they've kind of touched on it in some episodes of the Simpsons saying he takes Ritalin, and I once read somewhere, I think it was when I was Googling famous "Aspies" just after I was diagnosed myself, that Lisa Simpson has AS, they kind of touched on it in an episode called "Lisa The Simpson", if you look it up on Wikipedia the info is there I think.

True Ylva, although he created many fictional characters. When I consider the seven dwarfs and several other characters they have aspects of 'aspieness'. So perhaps the characteristics of fictional characters have much to do with their creators, who may have been aspies.

I have always loved animated disney movies, like Inside Out, because of their aspie characters. They feel weird, out of place, happy ending! Beautiful. Just beautiful.

New Threads

Top Bottom