• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fictional Characters whom you think have Asperger/autism

That House episode was Lines in the Sand (3x04), where Wilson tells House he wishes he had autism or even Asperger's, so he'd have an excuse for acting like a jerk.

Groot from 'Guardians of the Galaxy'. Everyone hears one thing, "I am Groot", only the raccoon can understand him.. kinda like my sister having to translate for me :D

That House episode was Lines in the Sand (3x04), where Wilson tells House he wishes he had autism or even Asperger's, so he'd have an excuse for acting like a jerk.

I don't think that was the episode. It's the episode in which House gets a new carpet in his office, but he wants the old one back and goes out of his way to get Cuddy to retrieve the old carpet out of the bin. Cameron did the diagnosis, I believe. But it probably is mentioned throughout the series.

I don't think that was the episode. It's the episode in which House gets a new carpet in his office, but he wants the old one back and goes out of his way to get Cuddy to retrieve the old carpet out of the bin. Cameron did the diagnosis, I believe. But it probably is mentioned throughout the series.
I'm absolutely sure that is the correct episode. It mostly centers around the medical case of the autistic boy Adam, which was solved by House (Baylisascaris procyonis from the sandbox). Throughout the epsiode House pesters Cuddy to have his blood-stained carpet put back. The ending shot is in House's office, where the old carpet has just been rolled out.

I read an old post where a guy said he thought Dale Gribble from King Of The Hill had it! YES!

Not to plug my own stuff, but the protagonist of this book I'm writing has Asperger's syndrome. That is very intentional.

I think Richard Castle from Castle has Aspergers. He doesn´t go out that much and he has a sort of cooky boyish personality.

Because of the time of night and how strained my brain feels at the moment I think I am going to stick with listing characters for now and some point tomorrow I will come back and give an explanation to why I see that fictional character having Aspergers/Autism/ADHD traits.

The first person I would like to mention is our beloved Willy Wonka, the Johnny Depp edition.

Dilbert from Dilbert.

Marvin from Marvin Marvin, nickelodeon.

Sherlock, BBC.

And Linus, from Peanuts.

Agree on Linus!

Well, if it doesn't have to be human (like Daleks and Time Lords), I'll just go ahead and say Donatello.

Doesn't Lisbeth Salander from the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Girl Who Played with Fire and the Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest) have Asperger's? I may be wrong.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it but I think Daria (from the Bevis & Butthead spin-off) is very likely Aspie.
I agree. I think Daria was supposed represent a Aspie and her sister was supposed a typical NT, for the contrast.

I just asked my dad what fictional characters he thought might be aspies and he responded that Schroeder from Peanuts, and Ishmael, protagonist of Moby Dick might bear traits.

Silicon Valley (on HBO) definitely has a few characters on the spectrum. The obvious character is/was Peter Gregory, multi-billionaire genius. Unfortunately, the actor died unexpectedly and the show was forced to kill off the character. They replaced him with a women who, more or less, acts similar to Gregory.

New Threads

Top Bottom