• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fictional Characters whom you think have Asperger/autism

The grandfather from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang... and possibly the father had a touch of aspie...

OH ya... Willy Wonka....:)

Has anyone else said Deckerd (sp?) from Blade Runner?

He's sort of a blunt loner with either no social skills or no desire to employ social skills. He also seems to relate better to the replicants than his boss with the police, whom he seems to avoid eye contact with in one seen. I also think I caught him stimming a couple of times. He also apparently left the force at a young age. I could think of other signs.

Of course, I know he could just be a replicant himself, but I was hoping to avoid starting that debate in this thread.

I didn't read all 17 pages, so maybe someone already mentioned Sherlock Holmes. Especially, the Benedict Cumberbatch portrayal on "Sherlock."

Ok I've done an essay on this for uni a little while ago about the appearance of disorder traits not the full thing but bits and pieces in pop culture and focused on TV shows so I have a list of sort of halves.
Big ones in my mind. From Big Bang sheldon, from JAG maybe bud maybe not and maybe tiner, from west wing josh, sort of Sam, sort of Donna, sort of Margaret - yes I like my sort ofs, cause on the surface they're nos but in analysis or not picking stuff there's several traits there - the oc Seth Cohen and ncis jimmy palmer, Ellie bishop maybe Abby, sort of McGee but not really.

Too lazy to dig through 17 pages, but, the quiet guy on Batteries Not Included. He's shy, implied to be socially awkward, brilliant at repairing things, and he only talks in quotes, including the titular "batteries not included" toward one of the alien machines in the movie.

The boy Oskar...in the Swedish vampire film "Let Me In".

Introverted, bullied and isolated with no friends but a vampire. And a fascination with murder.

Last edited:
The notion that Drax the Destroyer has some aspie-like qualities to him does entertain me quite a bit.

Caitlin Decter from the WWW Book Trilogy (Wake, Watch, Wonder).
Her dad is Autistic while she is shown to have Autistic traits but receives no official diagnosis.

Did we already mention Zen from Chocolate? It's pretty obvious she is autistic, but I don't think it's ever actually stated in the movie.

Did we already mention Zen from Chocolate? It's pretty obvious she is autistic, but I don't think it's ever actually stated in the movie.

Yeah, I think we've mentioned her.
It was because of the mention that I got the film - loved it. :D

I had this feeling that Raymond from Everybody loves Raymond has aspergers or something, well maybe the character or something?

The actor who played Raymond from Everybody Loves Raymond is playing a late-diagnosis adult aspie on the show Parenthood. Parenthood also has a character with Asperger's who is based on the creator's son.

Greg House definitely has Aspergers. In one of the episodes this possibility is actually mentioned by his co-workers, but he never got an official diagnosis.
tumblr_lphnu6417I1qbhnw1.gif

New Threads

Top Bottom