• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

feeling vs. expressing

so I'm talking to a guy and we're pretty much in a relationship, we just haven't labeled it as such. the problem is, I know I have feelings for him, but I can't seem to express them outside of messaging. I can type "miss you", " kisses", etc. but I'm doing it with a total blank expression on my face. I know I have the feelings, I know they're real on the inside, but on the outside nothing shows. we haven't seen each other in person since we became a couple, but I'm afraid that when we do he won't think my feelings are genuine because my appearance is expressionless. I don't want to lose him [emoji20]

Are you looking in a mirror to know your expression is blank? Or family passing you, comment on how blank your expression is?

I often think that when I am angry or feeling hatred, that it is inside of me, but my husband says that it clearly shows on my face, which is always a heck of a surprise to me.

You must have had people looking at you, telling you that your expression is blank, for how else do you really know?

If indeed it is because you have been told you are expressionless, then you have no choice but to fess up and tell him that you are autistic, because if he is an nt, it is unfair on him to believe he has this amazing girl in his life ( well one day) but to find that she cannot express normal emotions.

Interestingly, when we are ill, it doesn't automatically show on our faces.

When online, it is very easy to become emotionally attached to someone and we can pretend we are something we are not.

If you have told him you are autistic, then why not discuss further your autism and let him now that a show of emotion is not easy for you.

A person who truly loves, will accept the good and the bad of a person.

A love worth having will see through all. You cannot shield your heart from love, nor your feelings nor emotions. If it is real, it will be known. Fear not, but live in hope and love in everything.

my generic facial expression is blank no matter what, and I have looked in a mirror while thinking about him and it shows a little in my eyes but that's it. I've told him about my asperger's but, like most others in my life (including family) he doesn't really listen. I'm 33 now and it only really started affecting me shortly after I turned 32, though it has always been present.

we haven't seen each other since late 2013 but we send pics via Kik. it's a distance/transportational issue.

New Threads

Top Bottom