• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite words!

Cool, I didn't know that. Thanks for posting on this thread. Right now I have to get some zzzzzssss. Have a good Monday.

Actually it has a deeper meaning than what we typically think of... It means completion, perfection, fulfillment.

Scintillating
Thrilling
Seraphim
Mythology
Lore
Cryptic
Romantic
Empathise
Narcissistic
Legend
Truffle
Gothic
Spherical
Glorious

My utmost favorite word is:
DOOFUS
I use it everyday because I encounter so many!

My second favorite word is:
BIATCH
Because I live next to one!

Behooves, correct or affirmative instead of yes, discombobulated, hamajang (Hawaiian pidgin English for discombobulated), nefarious, whateva, combustible, probably lots more.

"Quark." James Joyce coined it, and were it not for the whimsy of particle physicists it would have been long forgotten. (I mean, come on...has anyone REALLY read Finnegan's Wake?)

I mean, just say it aloud to yourself: "Quark. Quark. Quark, quark, quark-quark-quark!"

There's a Calvin & Hobbes comic on it, in fact; which might be the first time I ever heard the word.

Behooves, correct or affirmative instead of yes, discombobulated, hamajang (Hawaiian pidgin English for discombobulated), nefarious, whateva, combustible, probably lots more.

I used the word "combustible" just last night describing to my coworkers of what I was going to be after eating my dinner of chili (with extra beans) and an extra large carbonated beverage. One poor soul still didn't understand what I was meaning until I said, "Bring out the peppermint oil and hide all sources of fire starters!" (Need I say more? What a doofus.)

magnanimous-having or showing a generous and kind nature

Obliquity-deviation from moral rectitude or sound thinking, indirectness or deliberate obscurity of speech or conduct.

Example "you are lacking moral obliquity"

Plenitude- a large number or amount of something

I used the word "combustible" just last night describing to my coworkers of what I was going to be after eating my dinner of chili (with extra beans) and an extra large carbonated beverage. One poor soul still didn't understand what I was meaning until I said, "Bring out the peppermint oil and hide all sources of fire starters!" (Need I say more? What a doofus.)

Oh Angie - that's just hilarious! :D (your entertaining stories never cease to make me smile)

Some of my favourite words, however it is hard to choose when the whole of the English language is before you :)

Scripturient ~ "Having a strong urge to write."
Nemophilist ~ "One who is fond of forest or forest scenery; a haunter of the woods."
Psithurism ~ "The sound of wind in the trees and rustling of leaves."
Nyctophilia ~ "Love of darkness or night; finding relaxation or comfort in the darkness."

Some of my favourite words, however it is hard to choose when the whole of the English language is before you :)

Scripturient ~ "Having a strong urge to write."
Nemophilist ~ "One who is fond of forest or forest scenery; a haunter of the woods."
Psithurism ~ "The sound of wind in the trees and rustling of leaves."
Nyctophilia ~ "Love of darkness or night; finding relaxation or comfort in the darkness."
ROFL, I read that last one wrong at first and thought it said necrophilia. I was like... REALLY? O _ o

Stoichiometric ratios: the amounts of oxygen and fuel needed to gain the most power and efficiency from an internal combustion engine.

Zeldowitz...make up your own definition for this one

Dillie-wacker :tongueout:

Transmogriphication :coldsweat:

Dweeb :crocodile: just pretend the croc is an Izod alligator

Crustoleum :D

Skeege...if you are one,please stop ;)

Dunder-head...I was called this by my fifth grade teacher :rolleyes: :p

New Threads

Top Bottom