• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite words!

Complacent
Dubious
Belligerent
Eradicate
Asphyxiate
Coagulate
Plausible
Pungent
Cohesive
Daunt
Detriment
Panorama
Introspection
Facsimile
Epitome
Philanthropy
Quantum
Comeuppance
Myrrh
Miasma
Euphoria
Cantankerous
Enigmatic
Myriad
Fluctuate
Alleviate
Bane
Pestilence
Plague
Demise
Discord
Strife
Warfare
Conquest
Convict
Indict
Confound
Bewilder
Perplex
Befuddle
Cryptic
Arcane

Last edited:
Epiphany (I like the sound of this word. I think it would look better if it were spelt with an 'A' instead of an 'E' though)

Niphophila

words with 5 letters in them that have a mirrored letter eg David starts and ends with a 'd'
words with 5 letters in them that have a kind of balance to them because of the shapes of the letters eg Susan the two 's' and the 'u' and the 'n' whihc are the same shape, rotated.

Circumstances.

I love the sound, the way it gets pronounced. But I also like the meaning and it fascinates me how in three languages I speak it has the same "structure". Circostanze (Italian), обстоятельства (Russian). I guess I annoyed a number of people over the years trying to explain how cool this word is, hehehe! :grin:

spirogyra, oscillatoria, phalanges, myxomycetes, proximodistal

I liked 'juxtaposition' for awhile.
'Diametrically opposed' was fun, but ordinary.

"Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny" has fallen out of fashion. Sounded good.

Epiphany (I like the sound of this word. I think it would look better if it were spelt with an 'A' instead of an 'E' though)

Niphophila

words with 5 letters in them that have a mirrored letter eg David starts and ends with a 'd'
words with 5 letters in them that have a kind of balance to them because of the shapes of the letters eg Susan the two 's' and the 'u' and the 'n' whihc are the same shape, rotated.

I remember in elementary school when we were learning cursive, I really liked the word 'city.'
It had a roundy letter and 2 letters that reached in opposite directions. I liked exaggerating the height of the T and
the length of the Y.

I was so disappointed at the way the word Hawaii was spelled.
I didn't like cursive H.
(Actually, I didn't like cursive anything much at all.)
The low aspect of 'awaii' was disappointing, too.
I don't know what letters Hawaii would have to be made of to make it look like
my childhood imaginings of the place.

It seems unlikely that the most commonly used words would be anybody's favorites,
even though they are used most often.

1. the

2. of

3. to

4. and

5. a

6. in

7. is

8. it

9. you

10. that

THE MOST COMMON WORDS IN ENGLISH

I wonder how hard it would be to talk/make sentences without
using the top 10 or 25 words.

Omnibus - a much more pleasing sound than the shorter 'bus'.
Perambulator - better than 'pram'.
Antediluvian - it just sounds warm and rich and round.
Petrichor - the lovely smell after rain.

Limerence

is a state of mind which results from a romantic attraction to another person typically including compulsive thoughts and fantasies and a desire to form or maintain a relationship and have one's feelings reciprocated.

Limerence

is a state of mind which results from a romantic attraction to another person typically including compulsive thoughts and fantasies and a desire to form or maintain a relationship and have one's feelings reciprocated.

So...it's not about bioluminescent citrus fruit, at all.
At least, not usually.

cavity, flange, necrotic, punk, voracious (there's lots of other words i like but these are the first to come to mind).

New Threads

Top Bottom