• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite soda

Nathan

My personal favorite is RC Cola. It has a unique flavor.

However, I don't want to consume high fructose corn syrup anymore, so I'm currently drinking Pepsi Throwback. If I manage to find a case of RC Draft Cola (made with real sugar) or something similar, I'll switch to that.

Easy. Coca-Cola. Drink it every day. And I am particular about the recipient it came in. No small plastic bottles, it just tastes foul, even when it's served in a glass. It's basically the only thing I drink too, apart from the sporadic coffee, orange juice or glass of wine.
Disclaimer: I went more or less straight from breastfeeding onto Coca-Cola, so my taste-pattern may be a bit skewed. :)

My favorite of all-time is Vanilla Coke. Other faves are Cherry Coke, Dr. Pepper and Canada Dry ginger ale. I'm actually quite content with most types of pop, but those are ones I like best. :)

225566634_8e72795e69_b.jpg

2687237333_6627177113_b.jpg

rzr61wts.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite would probably be Dr. Pepper, but I also love cherry flavored coda like Cherry Coke or Wild Cherry Pepsi.

I just remembered that there was this locally-produced pop called Pic-a-Pop that I loved as a kid. They quit selling it for many years, but it seems like they brought it back. It was cheap (I think 35 cents a bottle) and had a very nice, unique taste to it:

3530403236_5df7158d40_b.jpg

2902000707_2cf05f8b5c_z.jpg

2810030058_445ed6f9c7_b.jpg

I think I was most fond of the strawberry and raspberry flavors.

Do they still sell Vanilla Coke in Canada? It only had a limited edition run in the UK. We used to get Coca-Cola Orange as well but I never tried it. I liked the Diet Coke with Lemon edition.

I like Sprite and Canada Dry. I don't enjoy any caffeine-containing soft drink that I've tried except for Mountain Dew, which is OK.

(Incidentally, I also think coffee and tea are nasty. I may just generally dislike caffeine. It may be a good thing - the amount of caffeine found in a cup of coffee can make me shake like a leaf).

Do they still sell Vanilla Coke in Canada? It only had a limited edition run in the UK. We used to get Coca-Cola Orange as well but I never tried it. I liked the Diet Coke with Lemon edition.

No. :(

I imagine that adding vanilla extract to plain coke would taste similar to Vanilla Coke. I should try that sometime.

I love Root Beer! Unfortunately you can't buy it in the UK. Same with Mountain Dew, although you can get the Energy version of it over here now.

I like Diet Coke (I always prefer diet over regular) and Canada Dry Ginger Ale.

I hated Root Beer and Dr. Pepper when I was a kid but now I sometimes drink them. I have to be in a certain mood though.

You actually prefer the taste of the diet? You aren't really supposed to.

I have a friend who always drinks Diet Coke over the regular. Also, one of my Uncles prefers Diet Pepsi instead of the regular Pepsi. I drink either but prefer the non-diet versions.

I have a friend who always drinks Diet Coke over the regular. Also, one of my Uncles prefers Diet Pepsi instead of the regular Pepsi. I drink either but prefer the non-diet versions.

Wow. That seems strange to me.

I'm content with diet soda, but if I have a choice to pick between diet and regular I always go for the regular. The only time I'd go for the diet would be if I was, well . . . on a diet.

I love Root Beer! Unfortunately you can't buy it in the UK. Same with Mountain Dew, although you can get the Energy version of it over here now.

Why can't you buy Root Bear or Mountain Dew in the UK? Does that mean when I go to the UK, I have to "bring" my own? :O!

Anyways back to the subject... I like Sprite Zero, Sprite, Coca-Cola, Mountain Dew (when I am in the mood for it), Serria Mist, and Orange Soda.

Edit: I know this is off topic, but apparently I am "Well Known" now. O_O!

Why can't you buy Root Bear or Mountain Dew in the UK? Does that mean when I go to the UK, I have to "bring" my own? :O!

They just aren't popular in the UK. Well, to be honest, Mountain Dew hasn't been brought over here - just the Energy version - which is rare to find in itself. If they brought over Mountain Dew and Root Beer (preferably Barqs) and marketed them properly then I would say that both would become popular.

Edit: I know this is off topic, but apparently I am "Well Known" now. O_O!

That means your rank has gone up. :)

Until a couple of years ago it was Mellow Yellow which is getting more and more difficult to find
View attachment 677

but lately it has been Red Bull which is way too expensive.

View attachment 678

However, I mainly drink coffee or bottled water. :twitcy: Okay, so I might have a slight caffeine issue. LOL!

I love a good old Dr Pepper, I was just finishing off a drink.

Dr20pepper.jpg

-------------------

And I luuuuuuuv 7up.

7upcan.jpg

I've been drinking at least a couple of litres of coke zero a day for the past couple of years.

Now I'm back in Australia and the coke zero doesn't taste as good here as it does in South-East-Asia. The ingredients must be slightly different.
I might have to go back to pepsi max (which is much better in Australia than it is in South-East-Asia). Soda is also twice as expensive in Oz.

I'm pretty much addicted to Coca Cola (drinking some as I type), but I have mini phases of vanilla coke and Dr. Pepper every now and then.
We also have Apple soda here which is awesome (Manzanita Sol, a Mexican import, probably misspelled) that is good on those really hot days.

New Threads

Top Bottom