• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite Smells/Aromas & Memories

Buzzerfly

My neighbors are cooking cochinita pibil (a bbq pork dish). The smell reminds me of something sort of depressing. Smells always trigger memories in my head. I wish, instead, I could just react to the smell in the present.

Hmmm what are your favorite smells?

The perfume oil called Emilie by Fragonard -it's the most heavenly smell ,cinnamon ,lavender oil ,patchouli oil ,tea roses .
onions, garlic ,egg and cress sandwiches , egg and tomato sandwiches ,chicken and leek soup, cheese potatoes ,Pizza Hut pizza ,it's the first time I'd smelled pizza that smelled good

I love fragrances! My favorites are: cloves, jasmine, real sandalwood, rosemary, sage, bergamot, oranges, peonies, lemongrass, tuberose, tea tree oil, Chanel no 19, Flowerbomb Rose Explosion, pipe tobacco, chocolate, bread, red wine, and pizza.

I gravitate toward Amber based fragrances. I also love peppermint, patchouli, spikenard, coffee, gas stations and Nautica for men. Candles and sprays are usually bought in light spring scents like rose petals or fresh linen.

Rubber, gasoline, wood smoke (for a short time), good burgers, cloves, jasmine, my wife and kids hair, the baby's head, the best is mangos (the worst smell is bruised, fermenting mangos), good Maria Juana, blueberry, cranberry, and apple juice, some shampoos, fresh coconut, the ocean.

Cats always have a very peculiar odour. And I don't mean the cat-cat smell. They have a sweet odour, almost perfuming if you are a sensitive sniffer. I love that soft odour!!It reminds me of when they get close and nuzzle.

The smell of breakfast and coffee invading my room before I emerge from the bed, fresh paint, charcoal grills, cinnamon, gasoline, fresh baked rhubarb pie, rubber/tires (totally stealing that one), bakeries, and plenty of other food smells I don’t care to recall at the moment.

The smell of toast and coffee and milky tea. I like the scent of certain essential oils, lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus. A bowl full of apples, cedar, spruce, and pine trees, and freshly cut grass.

I enjoy a lot of these mentioned! Even hearing about them feels nice...

Baked goods like bread (ginger is super nice in baked stuff), vanilla bean, laundry in a dryer with just a hint of bleach (mm dead germs), ocean, natural oils on fuzzy animal fur (including cats), certain tars or rubbers, fir trees, peppermint, yeah some fast food places really do smell good...quality goes down quick...

Basil, too.

I ant enjoy garlic as much, because it gets so overused. Also, for some reason wood smoke is now unpleasant to me too. Bad memories of being stranded in a creepy campground with bad drinking water (eh, Joel's Hear?)

I like orange and cranberry together.

Baked apples w/cinnamon, smell of fresh cut hay (I was raised on a farm)... Quite a few people said gasoline?? It makes me feel sort of sick? I do like the smell of Aviation fuel and Diesel (weird). I like the smell of tires (but gets pretty overwhelming)

Anything earthy woodsy- amber, good quality bath soaps, my clothes after double downy and 2 bounce sheets (not quite heaven but close)... the smell of cooking (or just being) outdoors.

Coffee, apple and cinnamon, tangerines, melted warm chocolate, warm apple pie, fresh air by the salty sea, warm sticky toffee pudding, warm mincemeat pies, freshly picked flowers, toast and freshly cut grass too... to name a few. :sunflower::coffee::greenapple::candybar::custard::rice::snowboarder:

Wood burning far off and dissipated, gasoline, exhaust from carbureted engines, exhaust from 2-stroke carbureted engines, coffee!, BBQ, pot roast of virtually any kind of meat, fresh cut wood, good whiskey, coffee!!!, and an odd one but a cigarette that is being smoked a fair distance away outdoors and has diluted to a low concentration. That last one is something I found strangely appealing a child even. No I'm not a smoker.

IMG_0327.JPG
Aviation Fuel.
welcome

Nothing beats the smell of bacon on the pan. I don't care where or when, bacon beats that $200 cologne you bought from Macy's each time.

I also have a soft spot for gasoline, though that's questionably unhealthy...

New Threads

Top Bottom