• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite photo

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
What is your favorite photo/photos you have? This photo I have is one of my favorites because this was my first month of meds. I actually felt alive and living in the moment. It was around Easter. I’m proud of myself with my progress and how far I’ve grown.

1701667375422.jpeg

This was always one of my favourites, memories of spending many months just wandering around in the bush.

Red Collared Lorikeet in a Grevillia.
RedCollaredLorikeet.jpg

Or maybe the Blue Faced Honey Eater in a Tamarind tree.
BlueFacedHoneyEater2.jpg

Scanned from a print of a film camera shot I took many years ago when a girlfriend and I were in Marin County California. A sundown in the summer at Stinson Beach. Can't recall if I used a Cokin Filter on this shot.

Stinson Beach.jpg

Maybe it was just a metaphor for a really nice day. :)

Last edited:
Probably my favorite pictures of myself are from when I was a child (back when they had film cameras). These days I never like how I look in pictures. I’ve certainly become camera shy. I do have some recent pictures of me that I use for my dating apps - my speech therapist helped me pick out the best ones. But when I look at them, I still cringe.

Probably my favorite pictures of myself are from when I was a child (back when they had film cameras). These days I never like how I look in pictures. I’ve certainly become camera shy. I do have some recent pictures of me that I use for my dating apps - my speech therapist helped me pick out the best ones. But when I look at them, I still cringe.
I can relate...most of my life I've never been comfortable having my picture taken. Trying to get me to pleasantly smile is like pulling teeth. Yet I love photography! Took many pictures of NT girlfriends...who seemed to love the idea. LOL....Go figure...:rolleyes:

I always enjoyed that scene in "The Godfather" where someone from the press takes a picture of mobster Barzini and he has his goons grab the camera and expose the film. :cool:

Last edited:
I’m proud of myself with my progress and how far I’ve grown.
I’m approaching four months on my meds at the end of the year :D

I’ve been on the meds I was taking before at a standard 40mg dosage, but went off them two years ago with my doctors permission thinking I didn’t need it. A couple months in, my behavior changed and I was put back on the standard 40mg dosage. After a year and a half of taking the same dosage I’ve always had, I discussed to my doctor about some mood changes I’ve been noticing at that dosage where I would get angry at random things for no reason. I felt really elated and peachy yesterday and today.

Tomorrow, I go back for my three and a half month checkin on my upped dosage. I hope it goes well :D

I’ve been on the meds I was taking before at a standard 40mg dosage, but went off them two years ago with my doctors permission thinking I didn’t need it. A couple months in, my behavior changed and I was put back on the standard 40mg dosage. After a year and a half of taking the same dosage I’ve always had, I discussed to my doctor about some mood changes I’ve been noticing at that dosage where I would get angry at random things for no reason. I felt really elated and peachy yesterday and today.

Tomorrow, I go back for my three and a half month checkin on my upped dosage. I hope it goes well :D
Good luck for your appointment! I hope it goes well for you. Medication had helped me become a better person emotionally, mentally, and physically.Thank you for sharing.

I have so many... This is just one. It combines many things for me. It's a famous storefront in the city I was born (NYC), It involves 2 great favorite foods (coffee and donuts...I should have been a cop I guess) and has a favorite childhood toy (Zeroid).

blue-zeroid-eric-joyner.jpg

kkGG3bT - Imgur.jpg

I took this while down on the island.

A one in a million shot. Bird flew by, I just kept hitting the flash over and over, and ended up with this.

image_share_1006744553902070.jpg

This is one of my favorite shots. Recently the place got demolished (after a slow partial demolition), so I'm even more glad I took it. I have a few of the interior as well, and it was super creepy in there

I like to think of my Fort Point pictures as "creepy". Which actually was a military fort that no longer served any purpose at the very base of the Golden Gate Bridge.

Fort Point.jpg

The last one I took? I have many favourites, some stand out more, but I'm creating new favourites... How about this one from the weekend, I looked across the street and spotted the scene...
Street Photo 08.jpg

But if you press hard enough :cool: This one definitely stands, one I took back in 2008, stranger portrait/street photography/random moment... I may have shared this one here before, plus I have maintained some contact with both of them over the years since...

Matthew 01.jpg

Just a boring little space (once a busy airstrip) overgrown with the boondocks on the island of Tinian. Until you read what is on the plaque. A seriously creepy place to be standing over.

061.JPG

062.JPG

New Threads

Top Bottom