• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite horror movies?

A few days back 'They Live' was on Freeview again, I rewatched it, I thoroughly recommend it and would love to see people's thoughts on it please. I also rewatched, last night the 70s version of invasion of the body snatchers, anyone else seen this one?

A few days back 'They Live' was on Freeview again, I rewatched it, I thoroughly recommend it and would love to see people's thoughts on it please. I also rewatched, last night the 70s version of invasion of the body snatchers, anyone else seen this one?
I saw the 70's version at at a drive in back then.

Oh yeah. Loved the 70s version much better than the original 1956 production. Not very often a film remake outdoes the original. Quite amusing that the original film's lead actor (Kevin McCarthy) showed up in the 70s film as well.

Nightmare on elm street I quote that line where Freddy pulls the girl in the tv screen a lot

Rosemary's Baby
The Omen
Burnt Offerings

The one where a guy goes to meet his girlfriend's parents.
I couldn't finish it but it was scary af. (Minus the special effects).

Edit: It was called Get Out.

Last edited:
All three versions of The Thing, enjoyed in different manners.

Both versions of The Fly, also quite different but both enjoyed.

Alien (I still need to actually watch the rest of the series:oops:)

Hellraiser - IMO the second (Hellbound) is the best, I also particularly enjoyed Bloodline (4), then they really went downhill. Very much looking forward to the new one that’s supposed to be much more true to the book The Hellbound Heart.

Event Horizon

The Void

Recently watched and very much enjoyed Dagon (2001), an adaptation of The Shadow over Innsmouth.

I like the Saw movies. I have some interesting ideas for some traps that I think would be interesting to see on film.

i know it's a series but "Squid Games" tore me up
Tales from the hood
It
lost boys
blair witch project
Just about any religious cult movie
any movie being lost in the woods

Poltergeist
Alien
Halloween
Night of the Living Dead
Interview with a vampire
Psycho
Evil Dead
The Fly
Hellraiser
The Return of the Living Dead
Creepshow
Elm Streets
Friday 13th Slashers (yeah...Trash..but enjoyable as a youngster, cheap thrills.)

I actually watched a lot of horror movies as a kid. A lot of them very cheap and trashy. I do not watch them now.

Childs Play
Videodrome
The Dead Zone
The early Universal Horror with Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff
Texas Chainsaw...(even the weird comedy one with Dennis Hopper)
The ring (saw as a kid...it was sufficiently creepy,for me not to watch it again since.)
Rosemary's Baby (I saw that as an adult...Going through Polanksi movies, Mia was dating Sinatra at the time, then went on to date Woody, infamous controversy ensued....theres a story about that movie, and Sharon Tate. All very dark and twisted.)
Stephen King adaptions (I watched them all...Misery & Shining are the best ones.)

I remember hearing about Hammer Horror as a kid. Older relatives raved about them. It was unanimous. I've never seen one though. Maybe like 15 minutes of Dracula.

A Nightmare On Elm Streeet is my go-to horror movie.potentially making like Freddy Krueger & haunting the nightmares of any woman who i visually encounter,especially because of how i appear to them in that setting :( :mad: :angry: :imp: :rage: :smirk: :sweatsmile: :tearsofjoy:,which is why they want nothing to do with me :( :mad: :angry: :imp: :rage:.

Last edited:
Poltergeist
Alien
Halloween
Night of the Living Dead
Interview with a vampire
Psycho
Evil Dead
The Fly
Hellraiser
The Return of the Living Dead
Creepshow
Elm Streets
Friday 13th Slashers (yeah...Trash..but enjoyable as a youngster, cheap thrills.)

I actually watched a lot of horror movies as a kid. A lot of them very cheap and trashy. I do not watch them now.

Childs Play
Videodrome
The Dead Zone
The early Universal Horror with Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff
Texas Chainsaw...(even the weird comedy one with Dennis Hopper)
The ring (saw as a kid...it was sufficiently creepy,for me not to watch it again since.)
Rosemary's Baby (I saw that as an adult...Going through Polanksi movies, Mia was dating Sinatra at the time, then went on to date Woody, infamous controversy ensued....theres a story about that movie, and Sharon Tate. All very dark and twisted.)
Stephen King adaptions (I watched them all...Misery & Shining are the best ones.)

I remember hearing about Hammer Horror as a kid. Older relatives raved about them. It was unanimous. I've never seen one though. Maybe like 15 minutes of Dracula.
"I'm your #1 fan" misery was incredible. Did you read the book. I listened to the audio book.

"I'm your #1 fan" misery was incredible. Did you read the book. I listened to the audio book.
I listen to a lot of books in audio form. But I actually read that one. Many years ago. It was the movie that made me read it. I turned other people on to it too. It's really good. Directed by "meathead " Rob Reiner, sitcom star, then went on to be very successful director. He did
Stand by Me, not technically a horror story, but Stephen King short story. "The body."

i liked what Freddy Krueger said to one of the victims in The Final Nightmare,Kung Fu This.something that i would defintely do to any unwanted thing aimed at those like ourselves with any form of autism in the communitystarting with low expectations,along with anything lovey-dovey.

I recently watched a zombie movie titled The Sadness. It was outrageously offensive and it spit in the face of human decency. Naturally, I loved it.

New Threads

Top Bottom