• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite horror movies?

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
NOTE - Please do not link to any graphically violent videos in this thread.

Outside of that, let us discuss what our favorite scary movies are.

I recently watched Insidious, and I very much loved it.

Other personal favorites include Argento’s Suspiria, The Descent, The Silence of the Lambs, The Exorcist, Psycho, Kwaidan, Cronenberg’s The Fly, Carpenter’s The Thing, Hellraiser, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Creepshow.

What are your favorite scary movies?

I was going to say it's not normally a favorite genre of mine, but I guess I like quite a few.

The Thing, Alien, Midsommar, The Descent, Maniac (the remake), The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Blair Witch Project, Halloween, An American Werewolf in London, Antichrist

Night of the Living Dead, High Tension, Omen, Don't Look Now, Rosemary's Baby, Repulsion...

Last edited:
NOTE - Please do not link to any graphically violent videos in this thread.

Outside of that, let us discuss what our favorite scary movies are.

I recently watched Insidious, and I very much loved it.

Other personal favorites include Argento’s Suspiria, The Descent, The Silence of the Lambs, The Exorcist, Psycho, Kwaidan, Cronenberg’s The Fly, Carpenter’s The Thing, Hellraiser, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Creepshow.

What are your favorite scary movies?
The Shining, The Conjuring, The Sleep Doctor (very interesting sequel to The Shining) Rec, Cloverfield, The Blair Witch Project, Insiduous, It Follows, Train to Busan.

Why are they good? I don't get the point of them? I've tried but then they get scary and I have to turn them off. I am reasonably brave, IRL, but I can't seem to want to see pretend scariness. The ones that are funny I like sometimes though. Because it's clearly a send up or cleverly amusing...

Just watched A Haunting in Connecticut for second time. Very intense.
The Annabelle set of movies, Hills Have Eyes, All of the American Horror Stories--Freak Show was best
Species, Silence of the Lambs, The Ring, just a few that come to mind as this is my favourite genre.
Supernatural and The X-Files were favourite cult series.

Blair Witch Project remains my favourite - it's impressive what they accomplished on a small budget, and the film has a gradual build up to it. The other 2 films in the series were dismal in comparison.

Paranormal Activity series - whilst there's a lot to dislike in these films, I've always been drawn towards supernatural horror films as the people in said films tend to be powerless against an unseen force. Each of the films in the franchise has had some novel ideas in them - even though the quality of the franchise gradually worsened.

Jacob's Ladder - a very disturbing film that makes you question what is real and what isn't. I believe some of the creatures in the film went on to influence the Silent Hill films.

Rec - as zombie films go, this was a short and intense film with an ending that was real edge on the seat stuff. It's a shame Hollywood made a remake in the same year as the Spanish original was released.

I've watched too many horror films over the years. At this point I find most fail to impress, and almost always hit upon numerous cliches that I've seen time and again.

Ed

Last edited:
l have a strong love for Man with the X-ray Eyes. l love the plot story. It starts out slow and has a climatic ending when he is forced to remove his eyes. The acting is excellent yet it was only made with 300,000 dollars and filmed in about 3 weeks back in the fifties l believe.

Serious famous movie, Silence of the Lambs hands down the creepiest movie ever! I love it! Also like me some found footage horror like the first Paranormal activity and Cloverfield.
Favorite comedy horror, Tucker and Dale vs. Evil, and Cabin in the Woods.

I used to watch over and over the scream films when I was younger. I like the Spanish Sci-Fi Horror movie 'Timecrimes'. I usually like time travelling films.

I'm not a big fan of horror, although I did like the Misery movie. I think I just probably would like Stephen King classics.

Why are they good? I don't get the point of them? I've tried but then they get scary and I have to turn them off. I am reasonably brave, IRL, but I can't seem to want to see pretend scariness. The ones that are funny I like sometimes though. Because it's clearly a send up or cleverly amusing...

Well, for me, knowing it is all fiction and special effects takes most of the edge off. I do also have a geeky side where I like watching how practical horror effects are pulled off.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom