• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fans

Do you sleep with a fan on at night?

• Yay!

• Nay :(

Results are only viewable after voting.
Fans are just great too.

They spin. They look so cool, and come in a million styles from bladeless to portable to squirrel cage to anything imaginable. They are simple, repairable, and reliably safe.

More fans, I don't sleep with these on but I know I use them too much the rest of the time.

This one has Micarta blades and is very quiet.

16947384178258285119016755769470.jpg

There's a ceiling fan over my dining table but everyone knows what a ceiling fan looks like.

Tiny fan in the kitchen, a GE.

16947386391695884886330993127870.jpg

I love fans and should get around to restoring a pair of very old brass blade fans I have here as junk basically, a 1914 Emerson and a 1924 Hunter, but I don't know if I have time to do so.

I don't use a fan, but... I generally listen to the radio as I go to sleep, using the snooze button of course to make sure it doesn't go all night...

So it might be the same idea, a little bit of noise

In summer sometimes but I often turn it quickly off because I hate the blowing too long
Honestly I really do hate fans and air con. They may things cooler when it is really past a certain temerature but it gets too cold and u can freeze in front of air con and it gets annoying blowing in ur face all the time too.
I hate things that blow in my face the opposite way. It gets me actually tired.

Just experienced an early fall heatwave here in CA within a few miles of the ocean. My cooling is with a ceiling fan - which was running through much of the warm evening.

Even with a heatwave bringing balmy tempeatures overnight, I opted to turn-off the fan at around midnight, and open the bathroom window. A few years back, with rare humidity, and warm temperatures at night, from the last of a tropical storm, I opted to run my ceiling fan all night.

I do have mild sensory-issues (that I sometimes focus on background sounds), yet, I opt not have the sound of a fan running overnight unless it's necessary.

Lately, I've been listening to boring programs on the BBC or the Telegraph. Something about that unexcited, carefully modulated British voice droning on and on does it. Almost any disinterested sound helps. Street traffic did it when I lived in the city. Nature sounds or soft wind chimes are good. A neighbor's party, as long as it is subdued.

I also run a fan. It helps to distract from my tinnitus.

New Threads

Top Bottom