• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

DissolvedGirl

Hello!

It's been raining for a long while now, no sun and no opportunities to go to the forest and recharge. These days, it's been so hard to do anything. I have to really push myself to do the bare minimum I set out for myself. Eventually I end up in front of the laptop, just zoning out for a while until I gather the courage to do the next thing.

I wake up and I feel like going to sleep again, although my mind won't let me. Feeling rather stuck, it's like I keep waiting for my mind to get a vacation but every day I wake up tired and not in the mood for anything. It's also an effort not to get frustrated that I can't do all the things I want to, that I have such low energy.

Meanwhile, my mind is annoying me with all sorts of fears and suicide wishes (not to worry, I wouldn't act on it, been there, done that, but apparently the voices are still there and pop up anytime I'm sad, the only difference is I don't take them seriously now).

Do you ever have periods in which you feel stuck and doing anything seems very hard? What are your ways of dealing with this?

Yeah I do have periods of being stuck,I am a massive procrastinator and while I would love to be drawing right now I end up on my iPad instead,I also go over thoughts about my past and present and I can’t switch theses thoughts off even when I am in bed,i do struggle just to motivate myself to have a shower which I usually take in the afternoon but I can relate to struggling with motivation just for small things but what sucks is that I usually love to draw and I did get out of that rut and started drawing more frequently but now I’m stuck in that old rut again which is depressing.

Yes, feeling a bit like that now.

We have very good weather here, in France ( I am from the uk and not in the south of France). Usually once our verandah gets too hot, I take my cross stitching out into the garden and under a shade, spend a lovely time working on my project, accept, today, is my spiritual meeting and there is thunderstorms and rain forecast and thus, really impractical to take my work outside, but I WANT to do my project and feel my hands itching to get cracking, but can't and feel lost and yes, just ambling on the internet ( hense why I am here) and wanting to sleep.

Always feel this way, when I want to do something but unable to do it.

Yes, I sometimes feel very lethargic and can't find the motivation to do things. I have to make myself start, but once I've started them, it's a lot better.

Don't know of any one 'can't miss' solution, but changing scenery is often helpful. Is there some indoor activity you could do? Like a museum, mall, etc.

I’m just now coming out of one of those periods of time. What helps me is making a schedule and sticking to it. In such times I can’t allow myself to stay in bed or stay up all night, because it’s just a short way down the road from there to depression.
I also focus on doing things I can enjoy, and setting small realistic goals for myself daily. Doesn’t always work, but it helps to at least try every day.

Yes, my brain freezes a lot during a task if the instruction/input was not entered into the sequence in the first place. My brain works pretty much like a computer, if one has not programmed that specific detail, I will be at a loss of what to do. For eg., if someone tells me to take out the trash, he should also tell me from which room is it that he wants the trash to be taken out. All the rooms? Only the bedroom? At this moment I would be stuck and this is where I become "weird" by asking more. This is just a very basic e.g., you can imagine what happens when I work...

I would also feel upset if there is no schedule or goal. Yes keep doing what you like and set attainable, realistic goals. :)

I’m just now coming out of one of those periods of time. What helps me is making a schedule and sticking to it. In such times I can’t allow myself to stay in bed or stay up all night, because it’s just a short way down the road from there to depression.
I also focus on doing things I can enjoy, and setting small realistic goals for myself daily. Doesn’t always work, but it helps to at least try every day.

New Threads

Top Bottom