• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

English to Norwegian...

Storm Hess

Permanent Spaceman
Trying to find a proper translation from English to Norwegian and I keep getting conflicting results.

I want to translate "Storm's Violin" into Norwegian...simple, right?

One result gives me Storm's Fiolin...the other gives me Stormens Fiolin. Is 'Stormen' shown as a possessive noun?

What is the proper transltion from English to Norwegian?

Starting to learn Norwegian as well...trying to learn more about my heritage.

"Stormen" means The Storm. "Storm" means A Storm. You could say "Stormens Fiolin". (the storms violin / violin of the storm). Or if Storm is someones name, "Storms Fiolin".

Last edited:
@Forest Cat When am I going to get my Norwegian language lesson? ;)

The first lesson is simple. One important thing you have to know, when you ask Norwegians to teach you Norwegian, they will teach you to say something dirty or silly or outrageous and pretend it's something normal. Because that's funny and we like to laugh. :) I have seen it happen many times. People think they have learned to say "Hello, nice to meet you" but they are really saying something silly like "do you like my butt?". So beware of that. That's lesson 1. ;)

The first lesson is simple. One important thing you have to know, when you ask Norwegians to teach you Norwegian, they will teach you to say something dirty or silly or outrageous and pretend it's something normal. Because that's funny and we like to laugh. :) I have seen it happen many times. People think they have learned to say "Hello, nice to meet you" but they are really saying something silly like "do you like my butt?". So beware of that. That's lesson 1. ;)
And if I ask you to teach me dirty or silly or outrageous lines in Norwegian, will I end up accidentally learning to have a proper and decent conversation?

New Threads

Top Bottom