• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Elves, Fairies, and Pegasi

AspieAngel

I am pretty obsessed with Elves, fairies (particularly the elemental fairies), and mythical equines. I have loved horses and their mythical counterparts since I was very, very young. The grace, beauty, and power of these animals is quite inspiring to an artist like me. Pegasi and unicorns are what got me into the world of fantasy art. I got into Elves through the world of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings and Hobbit. My parents later got me hooked on fairies by getting me some watercolor and sketching books on fairies. I am hoping to become a fantasy artist and maybe do some book covers for fantasy authors. Anybody else got a fantasy obsession they want to share? :D

I love fairytales too! You would really enjoy Maleficent! Have you seen it? I did last night, and I'm pondering whether or not to go and see it again tonight! It was AWESOME! It's not at all what I expected. Maleficent is a fairy...that's all I'll write, or else I'll type the whole film. :)

I love fairytales too! You would really enjoy Maleficent! Have you seen it? I did last night, and I'm pondering whether or not to go and see it again tonight! It was AWESOME! It's not at all what I expected. Maleficent is a fairy...that's all I'll write, or else I'll type the whole film. :)

Haven't seen it yet, but I want to. It looks really good. My sister works as a manager at one of the theaters here in Anchorage, and she says every showing is selling out. We're really looking forward to our local Renaissance fair a couple of weeks from now. I'm even sewing my own gown for the occasion. I really want to improve on my acrylic painting so I can put some color on my fairies. Humanoid figures are harder for me to draw, but I'm slowly improving. I do mermaids, too. I'm currently working on a centauress. I'm still trying to decide on whether to make her part wood nymph or an Appaloosa/plains Indian.

I've been a really big Tolkien fan since I read "The Hobbit" as a child. Hence the Sindarin name!
I wouldn't say that I have an obsession with mythical creatures, but I decided that my living room is going to have a subtle "fairy garden" theme. I'll be putting up LED lights and making terrariums to liven it up, and I may even buy one or two fantasy art prints. I draw from time to time and I like to make elves and dryads. :D
Edit: You've actually inspired me to start drawing them and trying them on Deviantart again. It's been ages since I've actually been interested in making my own elves. Thanks I guess!

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom