• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Echolalia.

Update, those bullies had their house raided by police over drug violations, most arrested and in jail, they had a confederate flag and swazikas everywhere in the house. Karma is a *insert word for female dog here* They wont bully me no more, they said hurtful things to me said i was worse than the n word glad they are in jail i can walk and play pokemon go again.lots of meth and angel dust, many semi automatic weapons seized i statue of Hiter also confiscated.

Last edited:
I often times repeat the same concepts that I’m talking about Over again And constantly watch the same movies over and over again I never really watch new movies or TV shows I even have playlists on YouTube with you repeat over and over again What’s the saying music or videos

So im not alone thats a relief i know people with tourettes the same way at times just hoping im not alone when repeat things like that. I am sorry for repeating things i try to help it but cant. It makes me sad sometimes, i try hard not to repeat things but its almost involuntary.

you are definitely not alone the same thing happens to me

I have phrases, words and strings of information that repeat in my head often against my will. I get really annoyed by some of it and try to stop, but then I find myself repeating the same thing.

Im glad my neo nazi bullies are arrested and gone, ill talk to myself and repeat things every day in front of the house and not worry. They are going away a long time, ill have full conversations talking to myself as a rebelion and not worry about rocks being thrown at me yay.

I have phrases, words and strings of information that repeat in my head often against my will. I get really annoyed by some of it and try to stop, but then I find myself repeating the same thing.
Its ok dont be annoyed i worry about annoying people apologize at times but we cannot help it.

Sometimes people pick on me and bully me for repeating things over and over again i dont mean to they get annoyed and want to beat me up i get sad at times over what i cant help i apologize each time i dont mean to annoy others by being repetetive.

I just don’t understand people. To me, at least when I am doing better, everything that doesn’t seriously personally affect me or isn’t a severe problem is just some silliness waiting to happen.

Like if you and I were hanging out, I have an awful time keeping track of things I have to do. I might make fun of my inability to get anything done and say something like “god damn it, can’t you keep repeating what I have to do so I don’t screw everything up yet again being dumbass instead of going on about payday?”

Like, to me, if things aren’t urgent and desperate and terrible, reality is something to be silly about and make jokes about

I just don’t understand people. To me, at least when I am doing better, everything that doesn’t seriously personally affect me or isn’t a severe problem is just some silliness waiting to happen.

Like if you and I were hanging out, I have an awful time keeping track of things I have to do. I might make fun of my inability to get anything done and say something like “god damn it, can’t you keep repeating what I have to do so I don’t screw everything up yet again being dumbass instead of going on about payday?”

Like, to me, if things aren’t urgent and desperate and terrible, reality is something to be silly about and make jokes about

To laugh at yourself is a great gift! We take ourselves too seriously. If you can see the humor in your own life it will greatly alleviate your pain.

Now my bullies are gone i can repeat things with no shame, talk to myself and repeat my phrases witout fear of being hurt and be myself. Lets all have echololipops on me yay.

IT'S GONNA TAKE A LOT TO DRIVE ME AWAAAAAAAAAY FROM YOOOOOOOOOU
THERE'S NOTHIN THAT A HUNDRED MEN OR MORE COULD EVER DOOOOOOOOO
I BLESS THE RAAAAAAAAINS DOWN IN AAAAAAAAAFRICAAAAAAAAA

So I daydream a lot, and sometimes I end up repeating a certain phrase I say in the daydream. Not out loud, just to myself. Not even vocally.

Would this be considered a sort of echolalia, or would that be something else?

Your not alone here i have echolalia as well it all started when i was 1 and its been going for a decade for me im 14 now and i still kinda havent grown out of it... i would always repeat everything i heard of what people say, on tv constantly repeating and mimicking things over and over and over again and my aunt started to think i was crazy and said "i was too big for this" but i really didn't know why i did that for years until i found out what echolalia was. trust me people in my old elementary school used to bully me too for having echolalia/autism always said i was "mental" but i just ignore them. i know im unique.. i know its been a couple months since you posted this but i hope you feel better. hugs.

I repeat things i copy others what they say and say to myself over and over again, i learn languages and speak like a native now im a polyglot thanks to my echolalia.

I copy phrases and repeat over and over again, i apologize ahead of time i cant help it. I dont mean to annoy, i cant help it and am sorry

New Threads

Top Bottom