• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It is very common for autistics to have ritualized and methodical eating habits. To have a limited range of things they like to eat. To eat the same things regularly.

It is all about order and consistency.

I am like this! I can eat the same thing for breakfast all the time. The same applies for lunch and then dinner. To clarify, not the same food for all three meals, but the same food for breakfast, the same food for lunch and the same dinner repeatedly. I do the same thing when I go out to a restaurant. I order the same thing all the time because I know that I like it.

Hi I’m waiting for a diagnosis and been referred but haven’t spoken to anyone over it and never met anyone that has autism so just wondered how many of you eat the same food or nearly the same type of food every day? I’ve actually eaten the same dinner for about 4 weeks! Even though I’ve made my kids different foods and meals I always want to eat the same. And drink the same coffee in the same glass lol every morning and pretty much do the same thing every day.. I work by myself for myself which is a job I created through a passion of mine.. so I’m pretty much just enjoying doing that and don’t have any social life at all as I hate getting any closer than on “hello”’terms with anyone as gives me anxiety I feel like there going to want to start asking to meet up etc.. and I just like doing my own thing. l love being with my children tho and divorced from a very toxic marriage which was absolutely hell at times.. can anyone relate to this type of life?

can anyone relate to this type of life?
Very much so.

I can eat the same foods day in and day out. I like a lot of foods but cooking for one isn't much fun. I also have no social life at the moment, for a couple of years my only human contact was once a fortnight when I went to the shop to buy more tobacco, everything else got delivered. I'm working on changing that slowly.

I agree cooking isn’t much fun It’s a chore I do like other foods but just stick to what I know I’m going to enjoy and easy to make. But I can also be hungry and look and my fridge and not want anything it’s strange. It has to be a certain food I think or it’s not happening.
It sounds peaceful not seeing anyone for weeks but maybe one close friend would be good for you.
I’m lucky to have my children as I’m not interested in being friends with anyone else it gives me anxiety thinking about it and I don’t know why. Suppose I find out one day but happy the way I am and find peace in so many things who needs people all the time

It sounds peaceful not seeing anyone for weeks but maybe one close friend would be good for you.
I think if I could find a girlfriend that has the same social anxiety I do then that will be all the social life I need.

I believe I've seen people do that before, or something like that.

I have a weird food habit where I eat one bit of food at a time, unless it's all mixed together or touching enough. But if it's something like peas, chicken and potatoes, I'd eat my favourite thing on the plate first then work my way to my least favourite. Or sometimes the opposite - I leave my favourite thing 'til last. I actually do it subconsciously. I find meals like lasagna easier to eat because it's usually all just one thing that you eat, rather than various different foods in sections on the plate.

New Threads

Top Bottom