• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
This thread is more for new members might be shy to introduce themselves.

No need to fear, you joined a great site. No rush to introduce yourself. Take the time you need. But once you are ready to introduce yourself, you will be greeted by many people.

Yours Truly,

Chilly Willy @The Penguin

Hello my name is kevin I am 54 and have been diagnosed as autist about a year 14 months ago and i live in portsmouth
welcome.png

Hello,
My name is Jessica..I do not have a known diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder or Asperger's Syndrome. I am reaching out to people because I am not sure whether or not to get a diagnosis. When I researched about the female traits and symptoms and taken the tests it always was a possibility of autism but it is hard to find it in all women. The spectrum is so wide and I really do want an answer and just to ask people how they cope with their daily struggles. I function in life and have had some friends, boyfriends though who were only manipulative or verbally abusive/childish. I get taken advantage of alot, I am turning 28 in May. In a conversation I have a hard time knowing when it is my turn I often hear that I go off on another route of conversation. Since I was about 3, I have had some sound sensitivity like certain pitch noises and some sudden loud sounds. I jump up and down and flap my hands/arms in the mirror still to this day. I have listened to the same song over and over since 8th grade. I do not understand alot of jokes and I have copied friends voice tones and facial expressions in the mirror over the years too. Terrible at algebra processing it all because theres too many kinds of problems to remember but I can remember I obsessed over an actress and her fictional characters for a few years remembering all about her as well as dressing like her in 9th grade/halloween. My fears are childish, like I have to keep the door open when im sleeping and I sometimes feel I need to climb in bed with my mother. English has been a strong point in school for me as well as factual science. I remember everyones birthdays too and have a hard time paying attention as people ask if I have ADD. I dont like my neck being touched at all. I prefer comfortable clothing. Anyone else relate in any way?

Hello,
My name is Jessica..I do not have a known diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder or Asperger's Syndrome. I am reaching out to people because I am not sure whether or not to get a diagnosis. When I researched about the female traits and symptoms and taken the tests it always was a possibility of autism but it is hard to find it in all women. The spectrum is so wide and I really do want an answer and just to ask people how they cope with their daily struggles. I function in life and have had some friends, boyfriends though who were only manipulative or verbally abusive/childish. I get taken advantage of alot, I am turning 28 in May. In a conversation I have a hard time knowing when it is my turn I often hear that I go off on another route of conversation. Since I was about 3, I have had some sound sensitivity like certain pitch noises and some sudden loud sounds. I jump up and down and flap my hands/arms in the mirror still to this day. I have listened to the same song over and over since 8th grade. I do not understand alot of jokes and I have copied friends voice tones and facial expressions in the mirror over the years too. Terrible at algebra processing it all because theres too many kinds of problems to remember but I can remember I obsessed over an actress and her fictional characters for a few years remembering all about her as well as dressing like her in 9th grade/halloween. My fears are childish, like I have to keep the door open when im sleeping and I sometimes feel I need to climb in bed with my mother. English has been a strong point in school for me as well as factual science. I remember everyones birthdays too and have a hard time paying attention as people ask if I have ADD. I dont like my neck being touched at all. I prefer comfortable clothing. Anyone else relate in any way?
Hi Jessica,

A lot of what you're saying sounds very familiar to me. I wasn't diagnosed until I was 29, and although the diagnosis came as a bit of a surprise (I just hadn't considered Aspergers) it made a whole lot of sense to me. I'd consider pursuing diagnosis if a) you want to be sure and/or b) you want therapy to help you with aspects of ASD. I wish you the best either way :)

Hello,

Hey Jessica! Yeah I totally relate with the part about how you obsessed over an actress/her fictional characters. That is exactly what I have been doing for 3 years now, although the actress I obsessed over I am now over and have moved on to another one. Its so funny you mentioned that. They end up becoming my role models/idols and their life always looks perfect and like they have everything I don't have: the world's love, friends, so many people who love and adore and care for them. I get pretty jealous over them and its hard to not compare myself to them. Do you relate?

This thread is more for new members might be shy to introduce themselves.

No need to fear, you joined a great site. No rush to introduce yourself. Take the time you need. But once you are ready to introduce yourself, you will be greeted by many people.

Yours Truly,

Chilly Willy @The Penguin

Hi my name is Maraisa and my therapist told me I should check out this site. I am 19 and have been diagnosed with Aspergers since I was 9-10 years old. I live in LA and it mosly impairs my ability to make friends. Making friends has always been really difficult for me...

Hey Jessica! Yeah I totally relate with the part about how you obsessed over an actress/her fictional characters. That is exactly what I have been doing for 3 years now, although the actress I obsessed over I am now over and have moved on to another one. Its so funny you mentioned that. They end up becoming my role models/idols and their life always looks perfect and like they have everything I don't have: the world's love, friends, so many people who love and adore and care for them. I get pretty jealous over them and its hard to not compare myself to them. Do you relate?

Hi Maraisa,
Yeah it lasted for about 3-4 years, I also tend to find a female actress that I adore thinking she is gorgeous and not liking her in any romantic way but obsessing over pictures and facts about them. There was a time that I was really into being part of a message board writing fan fiction on my show that the actress I was fond of played in. Ive had friends throughout the years but I always end up getting taken advantage of. Now I have two girls as friends who I have felt comfortable around . Alot of people who have had any problems or issues seem to migrate towards me as a friend as well but those were not as toxic of people as the friends who I quote were more normal than me. Glad to know someone has done those things as well not to feel as lost sometimes especially at my age.

Hi Jessica,

A lot of what you're saying sounds very familiar to me. I wasn't diagnosed until I was 29, and although the diagnosis came as a bit of a surprise (I just hadn't considered Aspergers) it made a whole lot of sense to me. I'd consider pursuing diagnosis if a) you want to be sure and/or b) you want therapy to help you with aspects of ASD. I wish you the best either way :)

Hi Bolletje,
Thanks for sharing, and my mother just thought I was looking for something to be wrong with me as well as my other family members. My boyfriend who is my best guy friend I had started dating 2 years ago thinks I am just emotionally damaged from any childhood emotional issues. Though. I always say that I feel like I am not from this planet. I constantly network animals and cannot watch any movies with an animal getting hurt and physically makes me angry as I donate all the time to shelters and rescues. Getting a physical drives me cracy because the thought of heartbeat/pulse and being touched without my say. The dentist is not as bad because they're poking my gums and I pick my gums. I dislike grooming and spending any time to do my hair or makeup but I do it sometimes. I collect snail decorations and clothing with snail prints on them and childrens books. Does anyone like to pull out items out of their closet and put them out imagining they're doing something with them? I had an active imagination when I was a kid and did enjoy pretend play but more on my own terms.

Hi Maraisa,
Yeah it lasted for about 3-4 years, I also tend to find a female actress that I adore thinking she is gorgeous and not liking her in any romantic way but obsessing over pictures and facts about them. There was a time that I was really into being part of a message board writing fan fiction on my show that the actress I was fond of played in. Ive had friends throughout the years but I always end up getting taken advantage of. Now I have two girls as friends who I have felt comfortable around . Alot of people who have had any problems or issues seem to migrate towards me as a friend as well but those were not as toxic of people as the friends who I quote were more normal than me. Glad to know someone has done those things as well not to feel as lost sometimes especially at my age.

I'm feeling lost myself. And I love reading fanfiction! I mean its an art form, some fanfictions could honestly be published as books! I'm sorry to hear that you feel you always end up getting taken advantage of. It sounds like you are a magnet for toxic people, which makes me think there must be some qualities about you that draw them in. Like usually, its being a good listener, kindness. You don't deserve to be taken advantage of by others.

Hi my name is Maraisa and my therapist told me I should check out this site. I am 19 and have been diagnosed with Aspergers since I was 9-10 years old. I live in LA and it mosly impairs my ability to make friends. Making friends has always been really difficult for me...
Making friends can be difficult. Though you might make some good friends on here. During my 2nd year on here, I made a best friend that I speak with on a regular basis. Wish you good luck and hope you will enjoy the site.

Hello :). My name is Zach and I was 'diagnosed' with Aspergers last year, I was also told that I hold traits of ADHD. I attend, at the moment, two Autism groups in my area and I'm looking into respite and supported living so that my family get a break from me. I think my family sometimes think of me as a drain and often I get a lot of negative reactions from them. Sometimes they call me names or are mean to me which I don't understand why or what I should do. I live in England as well. I'm looking to make friends and to learn more about Autism and how to combat some of the sensory issues as well :)

Hello, everyone.

I was officially diagnosed.

I am very nice. Yes, people take advantage of me. I understand that situation as it happens to me too.

I prefer not to do the beauty salon as well. I am not interested in strangers who try to massage your scalp or neck... Yes, I would prefer any touch to be invited, on my own terms.

Yes, I understand how you could obsess and idealize a celebrity. (I might not win anyone over by admitting this?) But, I do not feel jealous? Does that mean something about me?

Thank you for listening. It is nice to meet all of you.

New Threads

Top Bottom