• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Well, to introduce myself I'm a guy 42 years of age, and only got diagnosed on the autism spectrum when I was 40. No job and no relationship. Been on social security for a few years now. I'm not sure why I signed up on here, but here I am. I enjoy strategy and roleplaying games. I used to enjoy working out with my brother before the Corona thing. I like the San Francisco Giants and rock music in general. My main hobby at this point is writing. I managed to write 80,000 words on my story, but I'm a serious underwriter.

Hello guys. I've actually been a part of this forum for a pretty long time now, but never made an introduction post, so seeing all of these I decided to properly introduce myself very late!

I'm currently 20 years old. I love video games, anime, Star Wars, computers, lots of stuff really. My favourite video games are The Elder Scrolls, Fallout (see profile pic), Metal Gear Solid, Sonic, Metroid, KOTOR, Mass Effect, Half-Life... Countless more that I won't bother to list.

I was officially diagnosed when I was 11. However my parents already suspected I had aspergers long before that. They were definitely right. I came to this forum hoping to find a place I feel I can belong. I get pretty lonely and sometimes these forums help me connect with people.

Hello, i am a woman in my late twenties who has had social difficulties all her life. I am not diagnosed since where i live sadly there is no help for it whatsoever however my psychiatrist and i both agree i have it. I hope to get along with everyone here.

Hi. My name is Dylan Connolly. I am 20 years old and have high functioning autism. A lot of people can't tell if I do have it or not. I got fired from two jobs because of it. Is there any advice or techniques that any of you use that I could try? Thank you so much.

My name is Mary and my family believes I have Asperger's. For as long as I can remember I have always been...different. When I was little they had me tested for ADD, when it came back negative the doctors said I was "immature" but when I got older, my family made comparisons and realized why I was different.

Hello,

I am 31 years old, female. I live in Texas and recently been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder level 1. Getting diagnosed was absolutely relieving. My life has never made more sense but it also raised lot of questions. I finally have the answer I been searching my whole life but I’m not sure what to do with it.

Hello -- I'm Steve, 56 year old male, recently diagnosed as being on the spectrum as well as bipolar. Not sure what else to say about myself! Looking forward to posting here for advice as well as helping out when I can.

Hello, my name is Glenn (otherwise known as Calafar-name I have chosen which is short for Calafalas-used a Lothian Elvish translator and that means my name, haha), I'm 33 and have been semi-diagnosed since I was approx 16 with ASD (NOS), PDD (NOS), and ASPD (NOS) (with slow but high functioning), with also weak wrists and ankles (so writing/painting/skating/skiing is just really bad, especially consecutive). In truth, they had no idea whatsoever as to where to put me but for dealing with others (like College faculty) we (parents and I) were told for the most part to use Asperger's as the main. They wished to continue but I was getting to the age where I was "asked" instead of telling me where to go and I had enough of it, as most of the exercises were boring, annoying or just isn't my forte, such as organizing a group of cards in the order that they are to go in (whilst being timed) or being told to look at the interviewer, then get found that when I did so that I "stared intensely" (I mean guess what happens for ex: if you tell a girl who is already frustrated at you to look at them- the only difference is I wasn't upset, I just felt awkward there-and I'm a guy). o_O

People have known me to be shy at first, but a rather outspoken-verbose speaker deeper in, yet if anxiety sets in, and forced to talk (often to defend myself), often left to deaf ears, and even when I am in the right, treated otherwise (which sounds quite much like any husband of a relationship, eh? :p ) which always left me eventually give in as that saying goes.."damned if you do...":oops:. Anyways that's a little synapse about me. I hope all's well and dealing well with the pandemic and all. :D

Hi this is dealsvirgo and I prefer to be anonymous on the site. My daughter has been recently diagnosed with Autism. She loves to sing nursery rhymes and says lots of one words. She uses gestures if she wants something. Looking forward to other people on the forum to share experience and knowledge.

Hello I have been diagnosed but going to go through an evaluation to double confirm. Diagnosed with ASD with the usual persistent depressive disorder, anxiety, and flat effect.

This new diagnoses has left me feeling even more depressed. I am trying to fight that by finding other people like me who would care to be homies.

Hello, I like to have my name hidden lol. I'm currently 20 and I was diagnosed with Aspergers when I was 10.

I grew up in a small rural place in Norway and I never got to make friends with others on the spectrum. Tbh I kinda avoided it in the past but I think I missed out on something now.

I would be happy to get to know someone else like me here. Some of my interests are music, anime and star wars. :)

Velkommen - beklager at jeg ikke har sakt det før. Jeg bor i Storbrittania og er mye eldre - 65

Hi - sorry I have not welcomed you before. I live in the UK and am much older - 65

Well, to introduce myself I'm a guy 42 years of age, and only got diagnosed on the autism spectrum when I was 40. No job and no relationship. Been on social security for a few years now. I'm not sure why I signed up on here, but here I am. I enjoy strategy and roleplaying games. I used to enjoy working out with my brother before the Corona thing. I like the San Francisco Giants and rock music in general. My main hobby at this point is writing. I managed to write 80,000 words on my story, but I'm a serious underwriter.
Hi and welcome i was also diagnosed at 40 i came here to feel part of a community and a place where i could be me.

Hello, i am a woman in my late twenties who has had social difficulties all her life. I am not diagnosed since where i live sadly there is no help for it whatsoever however my psychiatrist and i both agree i have it. I hope to get along with everyone here.
Hi April and welcome.

Hi, I am a new member, a hopeful creature wishing this post generates reflexive affinity and/or banal online responses or telepathic transmissions or greetings blabbered ironically into the ether. I'm also contented to exist as mirth for scoffing. (*squinty face* Please acknowledge my humanity! lol)

New Threads

Top Bottom