• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Hello, I'm Claradoon in Montreal, Canada. I am a 68yo retired woman, living with my cat named Velvet. I love being retired. I have Dx for Asperger's. Also I have PTSD and all the fun that comes with that - the best remedy I've found is EMDR.

I live in an apartment in the city but I wish I could be on a farm with animals and stars at night. Favourite place: a farm or a beach. I read a lot, love music, the arts. I'm learning chess (again) with "Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess" - tremendously good teacher and easy to learn from.

I hardly ever go out - I order everything on-line (including groceries) and they deliver. At home I wear mostly caftans - flowy tent-dresses - because they're comfy and I don't like fabric touching me.

Hello, I'm Claradoon in Montreal, Canada. I am a 68yo retired woman, living with my cat named Velvet. I love being retired. I have Dx for Asperger's. Also I have PTSD and all the fun that comes with that - the best remedy I've found is EMDR.

I live in an apartment in the city but I wish I could be on a farm with animals and stars at night. Favourite place: a farm or a beach. I read a lot, love music, the arts. I'm learning chess (again) with "Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess" - tremendously good teacher and easy to learn from.

I hardly ever go out - I order everything on-line (including groceries) and they deliver. At home I wear mostly caftans - flowy tent-dresses - because they're comfy and I don't like fabric touching me.

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Hi! I am new but have been posting in other threads.

I just got my official diagnosis of HFA, and I am utterly relieved!

I am a 38 year old female from the US. My deepest and longest special interest (dating back to childhood) is drawing, painting and the like. I can create renderings of people, landscapes, and still lifes with photorealism. I also very much enjoy science, biology, botany, animals, cartoons (and anime), Tolkien, a plethora of video games, along with many other various interests.

I am a person full of hope and faith. I am Christian, and believe me, that took me years to accomplish. I had to get over all the hurdles of my intellect and having all my 'big' questions answered.

I am married to my husband of 18 years, and together we have an 8 year son.

I am so happy to have found you all! Here, in this place, I feel understood for the first time in my nearly four decades of life. Thanks!

IMG_0898.JPG
IMG_1101.GIF
IMG_1178.PNG
IMG_1217.PNG
IMG_1227.JPG
IMG_1226.JPG

I am a 38 year old female from the US. My deepest and longest special interest (dating back to childhood) is drawing, painting and the like. I can create renderings of people, landscapes, and still lifes with photorealism. I also very much enjoy science, biology, botany, animals, cartoons (and anime), Tolkien, a plethora of video games, along with many other various interests.

I am a person full of hope and faith. I am Christian, and believe me, that took me years to accomplish. I had to get over all the hurdles of my intellect and having all my 'big' questions answered.

I am so happy to have found you all! Here, in this place, I feel understood for the first time in my nearly four decades of life. Thanks!

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Hello
My name is Filipa,, I am 26 and Portuguese, I (think) am not asperger, but I suffer from depression and I have been dating from more than one year a guy of the same age with diagnosed asperger. We have been living together for several months.
I really love my boyfriend, and I am always trying to understand him better. I have read a lot of books, and read a lot alof comments in forums, but never actively participated in none.
Last night, I almost break up with him because of something that he have done before we dated, but while we were about to start dating
I don't wanna break up with him, so I am here for help. I wanna be able to have a relationship with him. We have plans to marry each other...
So... That's it... I need to understand asperger better

Hello
My name is Filipa,, I am 26 and Portuguese, I (think) am not asperger, but I suffer from depression and I have been dating from more than one year a guy of the same age with diagnosed asperger. We have been living together for several months.
I really love my boyfriend, and I am always trying to understand him better. I have read a lot of books, and read a lot alof comments in forums, but never actively participated in none.
Last night, I almost break up with him because of something that he have done before we dated, but while we were about to start dating
I don't wanna break up with him, so I am here for help. I wanna be able to have a relationship with him. We have plans to marry each other...
So... That's it... I need to understand asperger better

You'll find lots of support here, as many have come to find support and guidance for their loved ones who're on the Autistic Spectrum to better understand them and get along better with them.

Hey everyone. My name is Rusty and I recently received an Asperger's diagnosis and - to be honest - I don't think the psychiatrist got it right. I'm looking to find out more information and receive more insights about Aspergers on here in order to determine whether I need to get a second opinion about this diagnosis or not.

Hey everyone. My name is Rusty and I recently received an Asperger's diagnosis and - to be honest - I don't think the psychiatrist got it right. I'm looking to find out more information and receive more insights about Aspergers on here in order to determine whether I need to get a second opinion about this diagnosis or not.

Hey folks!

I'm Ellie, a 28-year-old analyst with Asperger's syndrome. I'm currently self-diagnosed, and have been feeling out options for possible official diagnosis. I'm currently living at home with my family, and just got a job that I think will work really well with my needs and skills, but I'm working on the things that I need in order to move out and live on my own, and it's been tough.

So, I sought out this forum! To see what kinds of struggles and solutions other people in positions like mine have come up with.

I'm excited to learn from everyone, and hopefully contribute in some way!

Hey folks!

I'm Ellie, a 28-year-old analyst with Asperger's syndrome. I'm currently self-diagnosed, and have been feeling out options for possible official diagnosis. I'm currently living at home with my family, and just got a job that I think will work really well with my needs and skills, but I'm working on the things that I need in order to move out and live on my own, and it's been tough.

So, I sought out this forum! To see what kinds of struggles and solutions other people in positions like mine have come up with.

I'm excited to learn from everyone, and hopefully contribute in some way!

Hi all, I'm a 36 year old teacher. I'm new to the whole concept of being autistic, since I only recently discovered (mid-April) how autistic females present differently than autistic males and the light went on. After some intensive reading and research, I've self-diagnosed as ASD1 though I like the term aspie also. I'm currently unable to begin the process of being officially diagnosed but hope to do that in the future. Looking to learn from the experience of others and find a community. :)

Hi all, I'm a 36 year old teacher. I'm new to the whole concept of being autistic, since I only recently discovered (mid-April) how autistic females present differently than autistic males and the light went on. After some intensive reading and research, I've self-diagnosed as ASD1 though I like the term aspie also. I'm currently unable to begin the process of being officially diagnosed but hope to do that in the future. Looking to learn from the experience of others and find a community. :)

Hi. I’m 17 and i’ve just been diagnosed with ASD, high functioning. I don’t really know much about myself yet but i enjoy video games, animals (a favourite) and music!
Hoping to find some comfort in the forms here knowing im not alone! :)
I’m also knew to forums in general so forgive me if i press or post in the wrong place ahaha

Hi. I’m 17 and i’ve just been diagnosed with ASD, high functioning. I don’t really know much about myself yet but i enjoy video games, animals (a favourite) and music!
I’m also knew to forums in general so forgive me if i press or post in the wrong place ahaha

Welcome, @RustedNav17! :)
What is your favourite animal?
Which kinds of music do you like?

Hello. Everyone is very friendly and kind here, which made me also want to introduce myself. I would like to have a place in this forum, too. It’s been around seven or eight years since I last posted on any forum, so it’s exciting for me to finally do it. I'm not used to introducing myself though so I'm uncertain of what I can include in an introduction.

I'm 22 years old, male. The subjects that I find most interesting is math, history and english, and I like playing chess and table tennis. But I'm curious about a lot of things and I like learning new things, I would say. It's kind of hard for me to say something that I'm not interested in. Maybe online games with negative communities. It's one thing that I try to avoid, since I have a bad history with it. I have been wanting to learn more about my diagnosis, which is part of the reason why I'm here. I have atypical autism. I feel more acceptance towards my autism now, which I didn't for a while.

Anyways, I will probably be reading more than I post here, because just writing this took me a while, and I feel a bit nervous posting at all.

New Threads

Top Bottom