• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

Hello all. 56 male, in a LTR with 34 yr old female recently diagnosed (I think) It is SO ROUGH getting adult help or even an adult diagnosis .... anyhow, I joined to gain insight and knowledge from those who deal with it daily. Hope you can help.

Hello

I have been recently diagnosed as an Aspie. I have had major difficult with social situations for as long as I can remember. if I was in a room of ppl, I would be the one sitting quietly in the corner watching others having fun. Here is a little background: In 2013 I decided I need to reach out and try to get socialized, and I decided to try playing MMOs, I am a gamer. In those years I made some friends and lets just say everyone of those friendships ended in disaster. I use to be okay before 2013 I had no problems being solo, but now I do. In 2013 I made my first 2 close friends that broke down my walls and showed me what I was missing, they kinda made me into a company seeking junkie. When they left my world crashed, and I been struggling through friendships since. Every time I loose a close friend I somehow end up in a deep depression. This year one of my inner circle friends left by ghosting me and I decided to go get tested. I figured I was at fault because I was the common denominator. Currently, I have no one to communicate with and it is driving me into anxiety storms. I have been using the TV as a smoothing source for the anxiety attacks. Recently, my therapist suggested I look for online Aspies website to communicate, so here I am. I am wondering right now is this a norm or am I on the weird side here? I am really outside my comfort zone posting this...

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Hello all. 56 male, in a LTR with 34 yr old female recently diagnosed (I think) It is SO ROUGH getting adult help or even an adult diagnosis .... anyhow, I joined to gain insight and knowledge from those who deal with it daily. Hope you can help.

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

First post!

I am 65 and live in the UK
Currently self diagnosed Aspie with alexithmia but in the process of getting officially diagnosed.

Looking forward to getting to know y'all better.

First post!

I am 65 and live in the UK
Currently self diagnosed Aspie with alexithmia but in the process of getting officially diagnosed.

Looking forward to getting to know y'all better.

Hi,
I am princess gremlin from The Netherlands. I am female, 52 years old, mixed race and officially diagnosed with asperger syndrome which happened quite a few years back now.
I love reading, swimming, jewelry making as well as several other crafts. The Universe as well as some other sciences all belong to my personal interests. Well, that is me in a nuthshell and I am looking forward to meet you guys here on this forum! Since english is not my first language I will probably make some mistakes here and there but I hope you will not judge me on that.

Hi,
I am princess gremlin from The Netherlands. I am female, 52 years old, mixed race and officially diagnosed with asperger syndrome which happened quite a few years back now.
I love reading, swimming, jewelry making as well as several other crafts. The Universe as well as some other sciences all belong to my personal interests. Well, that is me in a nuthshell and I am looking forward to meet you guys here on this forum! Since english is not my first language I will probably make some mistakes here and there but I hope you will not judge me on that.

Very few people here are judgmental; plus we get people from all over the World that join this site, so I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Hi I'm new to the forums. I don't know if I have aspergers/autism but it's become more obvious I don't read people like some people do, so maybe. I get the feeling I'm doing something wrong since I seem to have lost touch with older/long distance friends, don't know what I did wrong. Doesn't seem like we just drifted apart, so I'm guessing being this type drove them away but I'm here to figure some stuff out. I thought I was fairly typical but who knows.

Hi I'm new to the forums. I don't know if I have aspergers/autism but it's become more obvious I don't read people like some people do, so maybe. I get the feeling I'm doing something wrong since I seem to have lost touch with older/long distance friends, don't know what I did wrong. Doesn't seem like we just drifted apart, so I'm guessing being this type drove them away but I'm here to figure some stuff out. I thought I was fairly typical but who knows.

Hi there :) I'm Denise from Switzerland. I'm 28 and got diagnosed with Aspergers like a month ago. Even tho that wasn't a surprise, it feels new somehow.

I hope to get to chat with some of you.

Hope you all are feeling well today / tonight!

Lol i think i did sthg wrong so i'll try again here..

Hi there, I'm Denise and I live in Switzerland. Got diagnosed with Aspergers like a month ago. It wasn't tol surprising, yet it feeos new and weird somehow.

Hoping to chat to some nice people here in this forum:smiley:

Hi there, I'm Denise and I live in Switzerland. Got diagnosed with Aspergers like a month ago. It wasn't tol surprising, yet it feeos new and weird somehow.

F3D2257B-DD6E-44F6-8D55-0B9D0A366B25.jpeg
Hello my username is seventh doctor my name is David I have aspergers syndrome. I love science fiction,acting love doctor who,. I am 29 years old.

A0F889A9-5CCB-4A9E-AAD4-513AD6656986.jpeg
welcome Denise

Hi I'm Nicole.
From NZ. Was diagnosed almost 2 years ago when I was 17. I also have social anxiety so making friends is not easy. I have one good friend but we don't physically see each other much or anything. It's kinda lonely.
Even online I struggle to just post anything to anyone and I often type things out then just don't post it because I just get all anxious about it and what I've said and how I said it then hesitate and second guess myself then usually don't end up posting unless I make myself just press post or send quickly and before I reread what I wrote to many times. Talking to people in person is so much harder though. I have gotten a bit better with posting comments and stuff online. I just don't get how some people can make friends so easily in person or online. Posting before I overthink this now.

New Threads

Top Bottom