• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Don't Be Shy To Introduce Yourself

It's been more than nine months I obviously been on these forums and I even in these times had been making Autistic YouTube creator videos.

Hello... My name is Erin, I have come to this site for support and possibly friends. I am from BC, Canada, right now I'm really struggling with the cost of what being on Autism spectrum can have on a person's social/love life. Hoping to find hope.....

I've been really busy lately so I haven't been on here at all, but I just want to give out a big "Hello!" and "Welcome!" to all of the new people here! :)

Hi,
I was diagnosed with an apergers syndrome disorder when I was 10. I have not given much thought to
it until recently due to a lot of disruption occuring in my life.

I suffer from meltdowns where I loose control and destroy my possesions, walk out of jobs etc
I speak to a Psychologist regularly where I have learned strategies to deal with stress however
I feel I have a long way to go.

Hi,
I was diagnosed with an apergers syndrome disorder when I was 10. I have not given much thought to
it until recently due to a lot of disruption occuring in my life.

I suffer from meltdowns where I loose control and destroy my possesions, walk out of jobs etc
I speak to a Psychologist regularly where I have learned strategies to deal with stress however
I feel I have a long way to go.

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Many others here often have meltdowns of their own from time to time also due to frustrations or other situations; I'm sure they'd be more than happy to share their coping mechanisms :)

Hello,
My name is Ashley. I was recently evaluated for ASD and met the criteria. I am 32 and a hairstylist. I couldn't figure out why, even though passionate, I could not make it as a successful hairdresser. :tongueclosed:

Hello,
My name is Ashley. I was recently evaluated for ASD and met the criteria. I am 32 and a hairstylist. I couldn't figure out why, even though passionate, I could not make it as a successful hairdresser. :tongueclosed:

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Years ago I was diagnosed.

Not sure how much I will be here. Typically I don't get lonely and I am terrible at maintaining social connections. But occasionally I want to try and put myself out there in some capacity, especially since I soon will have my own place and a job, both of which will be new for me. Maybe find people with similar struggles, and generally people that won't be too harsh on my failings.

However, autism and Asperger's are just words to me, and I'm generally disinclined to labeling things. Facebook groups I've seen based around these labels, the majority or vocal minority are very into categorizing things as autistic or neurotypical, and I just can't get into discussing such things in a tribalistic manner. Guess that is what I should have expected since the basis of those groups is a label.

Hi y'all!
I'm Cass.
I'm from Miami, FL.
I'm a 20 year old genderfluid aspie (diagnosed as a kid).
And I'm still trying to learn what that all means for me.

Hi y'all!
I'm Cass.
I'm from Miami, FL.
I'm a 20 year old genderfluid aspie (diagnosed as a kid).
And I'm still trying to learn what that all means for me.

Hi everyone! :kissingcat:
I'm 19, from Martinique, currently a student in France. I'm not diagnosed but I think I may be on the spectrum. This forum helps me a lot; it's nice to read about others' experiences and finding connections with my own.
I struggle to make friends in real life as I'm sure many of you can relate so I hope to meet people here!

Hi everyone! :kissingcat:
I'm 19, from Martinique, currently a student in France. I'm not diagnosed but I think I may be on the spectrum. This forum helps me a lot; it's nice to read about others' experiences and finding connections with my own.
I struggle to make friends in real life as I'm sure many of you can relate so I hope to meet people here!

So, I am new, obviously.
I will update my profile sometime soon, but must admit mild feelings of adversity, nothing personal to anyone, I am just new to the whole idea and concept of what answers so many question yet is still a bit traumatizing to believe. Not sure if that made sense.

But, I am doing the thing.

So, I am new, obviously.
I will update my profile sometime soon, but must admit mild feelings of adversity, nothing personal to anyone, I am just new to the whole idea and concept of what answers so many question yet is still a bit traumatizing to believe. Not sure if that made sense.

But, I am doing the thing.

Hello, my name is Mohamed, I'm an Anesthesia and intensive care doctor from Egypt, my son, Omar, is about 6 years now, was diagnosed at 3 years old as Autistic, after 2 years he's diagnosed ASP-HFA.. Irony but logical, It'a now obvious that I'm an asperger guy too, and it seems that it runs in my family..
Best wishes to all of you..

Welcome to the forum Mohamed, autism is often discovered in the parents when their children are diagnosed. Hopefully you can contribute to the dialogue and discover information that might aid you and your son.

New Threads

Top Bottom